Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My primal Thanksgiving menu (with recipes and pictures!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My primal Thanksgiving menu (with recipes and pictures!)

I've been blogging Thanksgiving recipes lately, and finally devised a full menu. Enjoy!

http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot....nksgiving.html
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

What time should I arrive. Can I bring a bottle of wine?

Comment

The Thanksgiving menu is already on my radar as well (especially since I totally crashed and burned last Thanksgiving, and one meal turned into MONTHS of eating bread and drinking Pepsis and chugging Starbucks).

Your primal "cornbread" stuffing looks INCREDIBLE. I already have my turkey method and the green bean recipe I want, but had no idea what to do for the stuffing. I think I've just found it.

Your pumpkin tiramisu also looks GREAT.

You've really got some great recipes on your blog. Thanks for sharing these.
      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

I will also make your delicata squash recipe. I only recently discovered this type of squash, and it immediately became my favorite. Even better than butternut!
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Erica - thanks for sharing this! I have been thinking that I might have to retreat from the world during Thanksgiving and the rest of the holidays, because I can't imagine having enough willpower to avoid all grains and sugar.

Ideas and recipes like yours make me think I can enjoy AND stay on track.

Porcino-herb compound butter. I MUST try that!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
            The Thanksgiving menu is already on my radar as well (especially since I totally crashed and burned last Thanksgiving, and one meal turned into MONTHS of eating bread and drinking Pepsis and chugging Starbucks).

Your primal "cornbread" stuffing looks INCREDIBLE. I already have my turkey method and the green bean recipe I want, but had no idea what to do for the stuffing. I think I've just found it.

Your pumpkin tiramisu also looks GREAT.

You've really got some great recipes on your blog. Thanks for sharing these.
            Won't it be nice to have the big Thanksgiving meal without an insulin surge and blood sugar crash? I'm also going to do a turkey trot that morning.

Glad to see the delicata love!! My husband loves delicata squash boats stuffed with sausage and topped with applesauce.
            My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Comment

Green beans w/cream and the pumpkin tiramsu look like definites here.
              My journal
              7/5/11 -Size 14;
              1/10/12 -Size 4

Comment

The delicata squash looks divine. I'll have to find some and chop up some big chunks of onion to cook with it.

Comment

I've been tracking development of some of the individual dishes, so this is the grand unveiling! I'm not in charge of Thanksgiving this year, but I'm definitely making the stuffing, if only for me-me-me. And probably the spaghetti squash and tiramisu, too. And I bet I'll be fighting off the non-primals to get my share. You're incredibly talented and generous to create and share this bounty. Thank you SO much!!!

Comment

thank you SOOO much for the cornbread stuffing recipe. I'm hoping I can convince my mom to let me make this instead of the usual bread stuffing. I would just go for the turkey, steamed green beans and sweet potatoes sans marshmallows, but I've discovered that I'm so gluten-intolerant that I worry eating turkey that had been stuffed with gluten might well make me sick.

Comment

my thanksgiving...KISS.... turkey w/butter (b/c turkeys lean lol) grean beans only cuz theyre from the garden(i dont usually eat GB's) cooked in hog hock/bacon/butter, looootsa sauerkraut!

the sweet taters are made into that marshmallow casserole thing so no way(im not bakin one to be different lol)
                      rolls...haha no
                      gravy, no use
                      mashed white taters...ehhh only if someone makes the "no starch comment' b/c it is made with pasteurized storebought milk

actually could care less bout the menu im glad to have a day off work and football!
                      Get on my Level
                      http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thanks, Erica! You just made this southern gal very happy! As god as my witness I'll neva be without my cornbread stuffin again!

Comment

That is an incredible menu that I will almost certainly use for Thanksgiving. Now I only have one remaining problem. I'm from Texas and I really need a substitute for pecan pie.

Comment

Originally posted by beenbean View Post
                            I've been tracking development of some of the individual dishes, so this is the grand unveiling! I'm not in charge of Thanksgiving this year, but I'm definitely making the stuffing, if only for me-me-me. And probably the spaghetti squash and tiramisu, too. And I bet I'll be fighting off the non-primals to get my share. You're incredibly talented and generous to create and share this bounty. Thank you SO much!!!
                            Aw thanks so much!! Ha, I didn't realize anyone was reading my blog
                            My primal success story

Comment

Originally posted by davidtx View Post
                              That is an incredible menu that I will almost certainly use for Thanksgiving. Now I only have one remaining problem. I'm from Texas and I really need a substitute for pecan pie.
                              Hrmmm, maybe put these out with a fruit-and-cheese platter? http://www.eatprimal.net/primal-blue...can-pie-bites/
                              My primal success story

Comment

Working...
                              X