Looking for PB-friendly "bread" recipes for picky carbaholic mother

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for PB-friendly "bread" recipes for picky carbaholic mother

My mom has basically lived off of pasta, bread, pizza, tomatoes, and the occasional salad or beef stew for much of her life. I am concerned for her, as even though she is slim and relatively healthy, diabetes and breast cancer are very common in her family. After I gave her Mark's primer on grains to read, she's slowwwwly tried to change up her diet by adding eggs, more salads, and eating less grains, which is a HUGE step for her.

One thing she has been asking me is to bake her a bread that is "healthy" so she can make sandwiches or pizza and dip it in her salad dressing and such. I know it would be best to ditch the bread entirely, but I think she needs a substitute to transition for a bit before she'll even consider that.

Anyone have a tasty recipe for primal-friendly bread? Bonus points if the texture is similar to regular bread.
    * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
    Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

I suggested to my mom that she buy the sprouted Ezekial bread. There's another thread on the product somewhere here on the forum...
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Originally posted by QuirkyPixy View Post
      My mom has basically lived off of pasta, bread, pizza, tomatoes, and the occasional salad or beef stew for much of her life. I am concerned for her, as even though she is slim and relatively healthy, diabetes and breast cancer are very common in her family. After I gave her Mark's primer on grains to read, she's slowwwwly tried to change up her diet by adding eggs, more salads, and eating less grains, which is a HUGE step for her.

One thing she has been asking me is to bake her a bread that is "healthy" so she can make sandwiches or pizza and dip it in her salad dressing and such. I know it would be best to ditch the bread entirely, but I think she needs a substitute to transition for a bit before she'll even consider that.

Anyone have a tasty recipe for primal-friendly bread? Bonus points if the texture is similar to regular bread.
      You can be skinny and unhealthy and still develop type 2 diabetes. Conversely you can be large and healthy and, erm, not.
      La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Working...
      X