Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixed alcohol drinks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mixed alcohol drinks

    What would be the most primal thing to mix alcohol with?

    My main concern is tequila, but we can discuss other alcohols.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

  • #2
    Try mixing your booze with coconut milk.

    Coconut milk is also fantastic with coffee, they complement each other for a great new taste.

    IMO, alcohol is BAD for your liver, and causes toxic liver damage and in larger amounts cirrhosis of the liver. Why not just stop drinking?

    You can also use try carbonated water, fruit juices, tomato juice, coffee, tea, & almond milk.

    Best of health to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-28-2010, 01:57 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Grizz View Post
      IMO, alcohol is BAD for your liver, and causes toxic liver damage and in larger amounts cirrhosis of the liver. Why not just stop drinking?
      I know its bad, and I know its a dumb thing to do, but I'm still going to do it. I don't have any justification or rationalisation.

      I can't stomach coconut. But thanks anyway.
      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

      Comment


      • #4
        I actually rarely drink any more, after years of doing quite a lot of it, and am surprised to be the happier for that.

        But I heard a Russian once say that vodka enhances the flavors of foods as well as wine does. I think that may be correct, as it enhances the hell out of the flavor of orange juice. I think citrus juices are both primal and flavorful as mixers.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well I had a kir the other night, but that's not exactly primal. I was thinking creme something, but they all contain a ton of sugar (thinking from the berry aspect).

          I love kahlua and cream, but I can't have that too often! I don't like tequila, but I thought you just mixed that with lime juice?

          When I did drink, my main poison was Southern Comfort and lemonade with a lime twist.
          La tristesse durera toujours...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sam Cree View Post
            I actually rarely drink any more, after years of doing quite a lot of it, and am surprised to be the happier for that.

            But I heard a Russian once say that vodka enhances the flavors of foods as well as wine does. I think that may be correct, as it enhances the hell out of the flavor of orange juice. I think citrus juices are both primal and flavorful as mixers.
            I was mixing my tequila with OJ, but every OJ on the shelf is full of sugar.

            @ shrinking_violet: I have neither heard of using lime juice, though people use lemons or limes when doing lip, sip and suck.
            A steak a day keeps the doctor away

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Grizz View Post
              IMO, alcohol is BAD for your liver, and causes toxic liver damage and in larger amounts cirrhosis of the liver. Why not just stop drinking?
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-alcohol/


              with that being said, if i do tequila, i usually mix it with club soda/sparkling water and lime.
              sigpic

              HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                I was mixing my tequila with OJ, but every OJ on the shelf is full of sugar.
                Yeah, but I don't think the sugar is added, it's just the way OJ is. I keep it around and drink a little of it often enough, though not in very large quantities, or even everyday. It doesn't desensitize my tongue to sweetness or anything, since I avoid sugar in most things.

                Sometimes, I'll use orange juice to flavor soda water on ice ever so slightly, maybe with a squeeze of lime. I think this could be mixed with alcohol to good effect, for a lower sugar drink, though I'm not sure Grok had soda water. But I think it would fall within the sugar parameters we're looking for.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think gin and vodka are better drinks because they are the only spirits without sugar and gin and tonic or vodka lime and soda don't need fruit juice.

                  If you are sticking to your tequila, don't you just lick, sip and suck? lemon and salt are fine!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by batty View Post
                    with that being said, if i do tequila, i usually mix it with club soda/sparkling water and lime.
                    +1 - this is really good! Robb Wolf calls it the Norcal Margarita. http://paleogirls.com/2010/02/12/the-wolf-margarita/
                    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

                    I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sorry to ask a silly question, but is soda water what we call tonic water over here? Does it contain quinine? I don't believe we have any such thing as soda water (unless I've just not been looking...)
                      La tristesse durera toujours...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tonic water and soda water are different.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          And yep we have soda water here in the UK

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
                            Sorry to ask a silly question, but is soda water what we call tonic water over here? Does it contain quinine? I don't believe we have any such thing as soda water (unless I've just not been looking...)
                            No, soda water and tonic water are seperate things. Soda water is just carbonated water, club soda, sparkling water, water with gas and is often used in cocktails or as a mixer itself (i.e. my favorite, scotch and soda). Tonic water contains quinine and often a sweetener and pairs fantastically with gin, vodka, and citrus.

                            AS for the tequila drinker, shoot your tequila. Or make your own margaritas, 2 part tequila, 1 part triple sec, 1 part lime juice (careful the triple sec has a relatively high sugar content per ounce, but its not a margarita with out it. If you can just do a half part triple sec, or up your tequila and lime ratio) Never drink pre-made margarita mix they all have massive amounts of high-fructose corn syrup and sugar and don't taste near as good as mixing them yourself. One option to increase the size of your margarita is to add a little soda water at the end and give a few stirs it'll mix in and stretch the size of the margarita with out affecting your flavor too much.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              P.S. I'm a bartender

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X