How to perfect the primal wrap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to perfect the primal wrap?

Since ditching bread, lettuce wraps are increasing in the home. I primalized this PF Chang's wrap recipe, I've made Primal Matriarch's spring roll wraps, and you can't beat tuna in a lettuce wrap!

But...I suck at having my food in a nice neat wrap So my question to you is, what kind(s) of greens do you use for wraps and do you have any tips for having an esthetically pleasing end product?

Nori -- can't really mess that up, just roll fillings in it like sushi rolls

I also use large romaine leaves, first slice off the thick ribs, as burrito-style wraps. Obviously messier than a real tortilla, but I don't mind that type of mess too much -- feels primal
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

If I use lettuce, I use Green leaf and remove the ribs. Fold it up like a burrito and have fun!
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Collard greens with the large part of the rib cut out.

Comment

Cabbage leaves are my personal favorite
          Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

I typically use red cabbage, as it seems to be more sturdy and add more crunch and flavor.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses everyone! I used iceburg just recently, and noticed that as I got in toward the center, the leaves were more oddly packed together and difficult to untangle. Does this happen with all "ball shaped" greens like cabbage? Or do the leaves stay more uniform in other varieties?

Also, I hadn't thought of Nori Wraps but I'll definitely be trying them out soon!

Comment

Pretty much, jq, you're going to run into that issue with all heading greenage varieties. I'd suggest a leaf variety.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

boil kelp....wors wonderful and a natural saltiness too!
                  Get on my Level
                  http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X