Broth and cheese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broth and cheese

What a strange combination that sounds! But it's my new favorite thing (well, aside from the Baked Chocolate Custard...but that's clearly going to have to be a VERY occasional indulgence

I have the incredibly rich chicken broth made in the slow cooker per the PB cookbook's instructions. Amazing the difference between broth after 2 hours cooking and broth after 24 hours cooking!

To 1 cup broth, I add maybe 1 oz of grass fed cheddar, cut into tiny cubes.

If I have time, I saute some veggies to add, but this broth & cheese seems particularly good when I'm rushing somewhere and need SOMETHING quick and satisfying.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

This sounds extremely strange... but I have cheese and I have broth... so I guess I'll mix the two at dinner tomorrow.

Comment

Oh god this was horrible.

I know you like it, but good god it did not work for me.

I tried ;(

edit: glad I brought a backup salad to work.

edit2: yes, I do in fact try just about every interesting recipe you guys post here even the weird ones!

Comment

I lied. I just dumped a can of salmon into the bowl and it's pretty tasty now that it's not just cheese.

Hmmmm....

Comment

Funny

What kind of cheese did you use? I used a very strong, sharp cheddar in tiny amounts.

Really not sure I'd go for canned salmon in broth, though, so we may well just have very different taste buds
          Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
          Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Sounds kind of like French Onion soup without the onion.

Comment

Hmmm.... add some HWC and you'd have damn fine cheese sauce. I may give this a shot.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                Sounds kind of like French Onion soup without the onion.
                Oh you're right!!!! Now I don't feel quite so odd
                Liz.

Comment

What's HWC?
                  Liz.

Comment

Heavy whipping cream.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

curious: did the cheese melt, or did you have cubes of cheese floating in the broth?
                      i, too, found it interesting that adding salmon to that made it better, hehe
                      Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

They stayed as little cubes, but soft from the heat.

Heavy whipping cream....I'll have to try that next time.
                        Liz.

Comment

Oh, I thoughth you melted the cheese into the broth. The sauce suggestion assumed that. Oops.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                          X