Primal Recipe Exchange Site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Recipe Exchange Site

So after seeing the What are marks daily apple readers eating post I was so interested in all these pictures of food and I wanted to know how to make them all. I think one of the hardest things about getting into the PB lifestyle for me was finding things I could eat. So I decided to build a website where Primal Blueprinters could go and exchange recipes with other Primal Blueprinter. Eat Primal was created for that purpose. I know there is not much on there now. But with your guy's help we can load the site with tons of quality recipes that adhere to the PB lifestyle.

It's super easy to register and submit recipes just take a look at the FAQ page, and click on the submit button. I hope this will help everyone on the PB diet and I hope you guys like it. Let me know if something doesn't make sense or if you would like features added. This is for the PB community. We all have a say in how it works.

Matthew/mofx
    http://www.eatprimal.net
    matthew/mofx
    eatprimal.net

That is cool. Nice of you to do that. It would be great to have a central place for everyone to post recipes.

Comment

Thanks John, I think it would also be a big help for people getting into the PB lifestyle, and maybe people who have hit a plateau in their primal cooking. All we need is for people to upload recipes and get the word out and I think it would be great for the Primal lifestyle.

matthew/mofx
      http://www.eatprimal.net
      matthew/mofx
      eatprimal.net

Comment

Nobody wants to share?
        matthew/mofx
        eatprimal.net

Comment

I will have some shares soon, just have to remember to take a good picture before we start chowing down!
          Redflame
          Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
          Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
          Goal of Significant Weight Loss
          15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

Sweet, thanks Redflame, I also have confirmation that AndreAnna of Primal Matriarch.com will be sharing some recipes with us. I'm going to try and get some more up this weekend, also. If everyone made their favorite meal this weekend, and took 5min to take a nice pic and submit it to the website, we would have a huge list of the best primal food out there. We can do it!!

matthew/mofx
            eatprimal.net
            matthew/mofx
            eatprimal.net

Comment

I didn't see anything but the post about flour -- am I missing the other recipes?
              My journal

Comment

Angieh,
                It's a website where you upload your own recipes for everyone else to share. Right now all that's on the site is the flour recipe. I need people to upload some of their own recipes, so the site will grow.

matthew/mofx
                eatprimal.net
                matthew/mofx
                eatprimal.net

Comment

Ah, gotcha. I think there will be much more of an impetus for people to post recipes if you share several to start it off. Otherwise people like me with short attention spans will just take a glance and leave the site when they realize there's nothing really there. Add a few good recipes to get us inspired, and I bet your idea will catch on. =)
                  My journal

Comment

Angieh, I completely agree with you but only being on the PB lifestyle for 26 days, I don't have any recipes of my own to share, which is why I'm asking the community for help. If you have a decent picture of your recipe submitting it to the site takes less than 5 min. Once I have my own recipes you can bet I will be sharing with everyone. Just need to hone my cooking spells. Thanks for your advice and inquiry.

matthew/mofx
                    eatprimal.net
                    matthew/mofx
                    eatprimal.net

Comment

Hey Matthew -

We checked out the site - cool concept! It reminds us of a primal version of "tastespotting" (I assume you've seen this site? If not, google it and prepare to be amazed) Anyway, we submitted a recipe - thought it would be helpful to get you started! More to come!!

-Hayley and Bill

Comment

Hey Mathew/mofx, I am also interested in creating a support web site for PB/Paleo recipes. My idea is to have a way for the user to enter the ingredients s/he ate today, along with the timing/meals, and the program would give feedback on many nutrient values. Kind of like FitDay but more tuned to PB. There's a lot more to it than that but I am just dreaming at this point.

I think if you don't include nutritional values for a recipe it will be less valuable to PB folks. They may want to know omega-6/omega-3, carbs, protein, calories, etc, etc.

I'm a Java programmer and have the database/backend figured out for attacking this via Flex/Flash for the front end in a RIA, rich internet app. I just don't know Flex well yet, and am studying that. I would like to create a free and popular site for people to evaluate their menu plans. I have written other diet software, e.g. ZoneRunner for the Zone diet, and am aching to get back into programming to support the BEST approach to human nutrition, the paleo approach.
                        Last edited by Viking; 09-27-2010, 03:29 AM.

Comment

@Hayley and Bill - Hey guys thanks a lot for posting your recipe, it's up on the site now. I also have to say you guys have a great site, I will be a regular visitor to it from here on out. I never saw tastespotting before but I did model eatprimal.net after foodgawker which is almost identical to tastespotting. I love the way the website works and looks so I emulated it quite heavily, except for the primal part. Thanks again guys.

@Viking - As of recently I've been thinking a lot about having nutritional info on the website kind of weighing back and forth. For one I didn't know how to go about putting it on the site. I'm not much of a database back-end guy myself, more design than anything. I hear what your saying though, if I decide to add it to the site maybe I'll let you know and you could help me out. I think your idea of having a site dedicated to it is a good idea though, good luck to you.

matthew/mofx
                          eatprimal.net
                          matthew/mofx
                          eatprimal.net

Comment

@Hayley and Bill - Hey guys thanks a lot for posting your recipe, it's up on the site now. I also have to say you guys have a great site, I will be a regular visitor to it from here on out. I never saw tastespotting before but I did model eatprimal.net after foodgawker which is almost identical to tastespotting. I love the way the website works and looks so I emulated it quite heavily, except for the primal part. Thanks again guys.
                            No problem - our pleasure really! Thanks for the compliment on our blog - we truly enjoy what we do! Foodgawker, from my understanding, came about during a period in which Tastespotting was offline for a few months due to change of ownership and legal issues. The two are very similar, and we submit our stuff to both. Its a fun game, because sometimes a photo will get accepted to one but not the other, sometimes both, sometimes neither. Glad to see you started a primal version of it! We will help you get off the ground - we just sent you two more, and will try to get you some more over the next few days.

Again, really great what you're doing and we're more than happy to help you populate your initial pages
                            -Hayley and Bill

Comment

Amazing stuff guys, really really appreciate it. It's kind of one of my hobbies to find niches I'm interested in and then adding what I can to help the community, and it's people like you that make it happen, you have no idea how satisfying it is for me to work on projects like this and to see the community accept it and hopefully end up loving it and improving the community in some little way. Thanks again for you help.
                              matthew/mofx
                              eatprimal.net

Comment

Working...
                              X