No announcement yet.

Blueberries & Cream (like ice cream)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how to do that quote thing that I see on the forum but Diabetes asked about the mascarpone cheese...

it's a smooth and creamy cheese that has a mild taste. It comes in a flat round container like humus does. It wasn't terribly expensive and has lasted 2 weeks so far without even a hint of spoilage. I got it at Trader Joes.

I haven't tried it with anything else yet but I think it will pick up the taste of whatever is around it, the honey for example seems sweeter when drizzled on top of the cheese. My next try is going to be with minced mint leaves, I just need to figure out what to spread it on first.

Comment

Mascarpone isn't bad- not quite what I expected. It's like cream cheese without the hint of salty flavor. More like cottage cheese in flavor with the texture of cream cheese. I think I'd like it better with something (ie honey) mixed in.

I put mine on peach slices. It turned out yummy. Would have been better with honey mixed in the cheese, or perhaps something a bit spicy.

Comment

Working...
      X