Pumpkin Muffins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin Muffins

We made the pumpkin muffin recipe from Mark's book last night. They were excellent!! Put some butter on them and enjoyed the taste!
    My Primal Journal

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread22813.html

I made them this weekend too! YUMM! Warm with butter they're AWESOME.
    sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

recipe please???? am really craving pumpkin about now;-)
      Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Shannon, they are in the Primal Blueprint recipe book.

I have made these several times. They are great! I doubled the recipe last time and stuck some in the freezer. They were still fan-ta-bu-lous! I put dark chocolate chips in them. Yummm...

And putting them in the freezer helps with the portion control. I can easily go overboard with them

Comment

i don't have that book :-(
          Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

also don't have the book and am interested in this recipe! anyone willing to share? i know, i know, i should get the book, but..

Comment

Just buy the book! You will LOVE it!
              Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

The money for the cookbook would take away from the grass-fed beef budget - unthinkable for me at this time.

Maybe I could sell all my *other* books and get enough for it though. Going to the bookshelves today to take invenory. Anyone have any experience selling books online? Ebay, Craigslist....?

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Sorry.

Comment

oh well, i'm sure we could find another primal/paleo muffin recipe online. i'll post if i can find one;-) happy friday!!!

Comment

Primal Pumpkin Muffins

1 C blanched almond flour
                    1/2 C hazelnut flour
                    t celtic sea salt
                    t baking soda
                    1 t ground cinnamon
                    1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
                    2 T grapeseed oil
                    1 t vanilla
                    1/4 C honey
                    2 large eggs
                    1 1/4 C fresh baked pumpkin (or winter squash), well packed
                    1 T grated carrot
                    1 T grated yellow summer squash ( I grated both this and carrot in food processor to make fine, almost puree)
                    1/4 C raisin & dried cranberry mixed together

1.In a large bowl combine flours, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, spices
                    2.In a vita-mix puree oil, vanilla, honey, eggs, pumpkin, carrot, squash until smooth
                    3.Stir wet ingredients into dry, fold in raisins & cranberries ( would be good with chopped nuts too!)
                    4.Place paper liners in muffin tins, spray inside of liners with cooking spray
                    5.Scoop batter into paper liners
                    6.Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes
                    7.Makes 12 muffins
                    8.Let cool completely

found this 4 u guys. i'll experiment though (not a fan of nuts) w coconut flour;-)

Comment

1 C Almond flour
                      1 tsp Baking powder
                      1 tsp Baking soda
                      1 C Pumpkin
                      1/4 C Applesauce
                      1 Tbsp Oil
                      2 Eggs
                      4 Tbsp Cinnamon
                      1 tsp Vanilla
                      2 Tbsp Almond butter
                      2 Tbsp Coconut
                      1 C Raisins

Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and mix only to incorporate the two together. Bake in well greased muffin tins at 375 for 20 minutes.

and another one;-)

Comment

totally trying this this weekend, thanks shannon!

Comment

I tried the one on the Frisky Lemon website. I took them to work with me; they didn't last very long

Comment

mmm, yes the pumpkin muffins are delish!

Comment

just a tip: google your fav. treats w the word primal or paleo in front and you'll be amazed!

Comment

Working...
                              X