Fig and Bacon Afternoon Indulgence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fig and Bacon Afternoon Indulgence

My figs were going to go bad if I didn't use them today, so I whipped up this appetizer.

Marinated Figs with Goat Cheese and Bacon:

*Halve some figs.

*Pour a small amount of balsamic vinegar on each fig and let sit for about fifteen minutes.

*Spread them on a baking sheet with the cut side up, and using your finger make a small dent in each piece.

*Fill that dent with cheese. I used a soft Chèvre from Trader Joes.

*Meat that fig up! If you're classy use prosciutto; I only had bacon to work with.

*Put the figs in your oven on the broil setting; cook them until delicious. ( I overdid mine... )

I should not be allowed near a broiler. I don't think I have ever successfully used my broiler. Even a bit overcooked they still came out tasty.
    Last edited by BoyPrimal; 09-16-2010, 04:19 PM. Reason: Badly sized picture
    My primal journal!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Meat-Manifesto

Sounds wonderful!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. great idea...

Comment

Working...
      X