Avo Chocolate Pudding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avo Chocolate Pudding

My mother in-law follows a "raw" eating lifestyle due to dietary restrictions, and I just had to share! Even though this could be considered one of your "vices", I find that the pudding is so rich that I don't consume nearly as much as anticipated. Enjoy!

4 avo's
    3/4 cup agave nectar
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1 tsp vanilla
    dash Cinnamon
    dash salt
    put all in food processor and whirl away

I added some nutmeg as well, but you can add coconut, bananas, nuts.. anything to strike your fancy!

sounds good but for that agave nectar. that's a lot.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

Holy Moly thats a crap ton of sugar. Unless I'm calculating this wrong, thats 720 calories and 190 carbs from sugar.

I would not recommend anyone eating this without some serious modification to this recipe. Sub a banana for the agave or something.

Comment

I was inspired and made the following, which was yummy:

1/2 avocado
        1 tbs cocoa powder
        1/8 tsp (approx) stevia
        splash of vanilla extract
        splash of full fat coconut milk

Blended together--pretty yummy and very filling. Would work to add some banana in place of the stevia, I believe, as well. (Plan on trying that w/ frozen banana and avocado to make ice cream for my ds soon....)
        My Before/After Pics
        Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

The way I used to make it was using the meat of young coconut- and lesser amounts of avos, no agave. Comes out with a better texture/taste that way.

Comment

Avocado chocolate pudding has been one of my favorite ways to eat avocados for a while. Here's my recipe...

1 whole avocado
            1/4 cup milk (cow, goat, coconut, almond... doesn't matter.)
            3 Tbsp cocoa powder
            1 Tbsp erythritol (or equivalent in stevia)
            1 tsp vanilla
            small pinch of salt (optional)

Comment

That looks really good, Diana. I'm going to try that tomorrow for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FairyRae View Post
                I was inspired and made the following, which was yummy:

1/2 avocado
                1 tbs cocoa powder
                1/8 tsp (approx) stevia
                splash of vanilla extract
                splash of full fat coconut milk
                I did this but since I don't have any stevia in the house right now, I used a squeeze of raw honey. Absolutely delicious.
                Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
                X