Kangaroo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kangaroo

Does anyone have some interesting recipes for kangaroo? I'm getting kinda sick of the same old kangaroo and veggies dish. Any suggestions would be great!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

it is great in curry.
    sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

if you can buy smoked roo it's nice as a substitute for chook in salads, cream based sauces. Anywhere you would use ham.
      Nice as smoked roo carbonara but you could still sub the pasta with zucchini or whatever....

Comment

You can do it up any way you can imagine to do up beef.

Comment

I REALY want to try kangaroo...anyone know where to get some in the states?

Comment

Originally posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
            I REALY want to try kangaroo...

+1, I need to break away from the standard pork,beef,chicken combo, even if it is pasture rasied.
            sigpic

Comment

My VFF Treks are made out of roo leather and the more expensive version of the leather track suite that I have is made out of a whole lot of roo leather. That's the only part of a kangaroo that I've come across and my part of the globe though. Neither of them seem very appetizing. I'd love to try some though of I ever end up in the LDU.
              http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Really? Hmm.

Comment

http://www.exoticmeatsandmore.com/

Never ordered, but looks like they have a great selection!

Comment

POLARICA. I've never eaten roo though (those roos in my sig pic are sleeping not dead!)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I might give the curry a go next time, good weather for it
                      "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

Comment

I had some Kangaroo , Emu and crocodile in a Australian restaurant in Frankfurt, Germany years ago. It is true that crocodile tastes like chicken.

Comment

Any beef marinade works well with kangaroo, and cooked on the bbq it's delicious

Comment

How about using the same recipes as for rabbits? Kangaroos are just great big bunny rabbits, right?

Comment

I've curried a steak, and it was good. Sausages are great. It also makes great jerky, I used some roo steak last week to make jerky and it was FULL of flavor. You have to be very careful cooking it though as it gets tough very easy, so slow cooking or searing and then slow cooking work best. I always marinade as well to make sure it's tender. In a marinade always use some oil, and vinegar or baking soda to break it down.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X