Perfect Scrambled Egges by Gordon Ramsey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Scrambled Egges by Gordon Ramsey

How hard can it be to prepare scrambled eggs? this technique takes it to another level... awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_B3QNu_Ks

That butter and cream would make those eggs very tasty.

Comment

very silky and tasty.

Comment

Funny to watch Gordon Ramsey Screw up and burn a piece of toast...... Shows he's human!

Comment

I love Gordon, I have a crush on him.

Comment

I made eggs like this a few times, and I LOVE them like this! Once I made them like this for my girlfriend and she did not like them at all. She likes her eggs much drier and cooked fast at high heat. I'm not complaining. It saves me alot of time in the morning on the mornings that I do cook breakfast for her, haha.

Comment

I first tried this after seeing it on his British show, The F Word. Putting the whole eggs and butter in the pan is what intrigued me. I've done it this way ever since only I usually put it on a bed of baby spinach instead of the toast. So much tastier than the egg pebbles I used to make! LOL
              312/149/150

Comment

This is how I've made my eggs for YEARS. I first became familiar with this technique through one of Jacques Pepin's books. I have a hard time getting my family or friends to eat them as to them the texture makes them think they are undercooked and no amount of convincing them otherwise seems to work.

Either way, I usually make mine with chives or dill, maybe some smoked salmon, and served on top of a bed of stir fried cauliflower or an oopsie roll.

Comment

I started making my eggs like this a couple months ago (minus the cream at the end). I looooooooooooooooooooooooove them this way!
                  Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Wow! I have got to try this! They look delish!

Comment

Heh.
                      I know this as "mumbled eggs" from an old recipe book (mumbled - whisk in pan, scrambled - whisk in a bowl).

I used to do this all the time but I got sick of scraping pan bottoms, so I nuke them instead. Which is like microwaving filet mignon in it's crapness, but it's edible and quick.
                      I may have to reconsider....

OMG duck eggs mumbled in ghee..... om nom nom nom.....

*wipes drool from keyboard*

Comment

Oh boy. I cooked up a batch of these at lunch. Delicious. Then I realized that I had forgotten the butter. D'oh!

I made up another batch for supper, even using the YouTube poster's suggestion - I put a teaspoon of sour cream into a small dish with a tbsp of heavy cream and let it sit on the counter for a couple of hours.

Anyway, followed the thing to the letter, and jesus was it delicious. I've never had eggs so fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth-awesomey. I inhaled the 3 eggs in no time.

I might have to double up the recipe when I try this again.... oh, TOMORROW MORNING.

Comment

This is how I make scrambled eggs very very yummy!!!

Comment

Oh my.... where can you buy the Crème fraîche?

Comment

They sure better taste out of this world coz they look absolutely dreadful. Blech!

I am willing to try them, though.
                              Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
                              Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
                              LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
                              HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
                              TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

Working...
                              X