sardines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sardines?

I've always wanted to like canned sardines, and I don't dislike them, but I have no clue how to treat them. This is a shame because the sardines I have access to are fairly decent. How do you eat them? I'd prefer to avoid anything that involves primal crackers or chips because I just don't feel like making anything like this.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
    I've always wanted to like canned sardines, and I don't dislike them, but I have no clue how to treat them.
    I would treat them with dignity and respect, as you would any other animal who has given up its life force for your nourishment. A silent, respectful nod of the head, a small prayer to Sardinia, and then feverishly shovel said sardines into the area behind your teeth.

Comment

so i suppose taking them to a strip club would be out...
      my primal journal:

Comment

I've always found Sardines smell just like the seedier strip clubs.

Comment

i like sardines on a salad with hardboiled eggs
          sigpic

Comment

My hubs eats them straight out of the can with hot sauce, or tosses them on a salad. I'm still trying to like them, but can't get past the texture.
            The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Lately I have just been eating them out of the can, but I do enjoy them on a slice of cheddar cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                I've always wanted to like canned sardines, and I don't dislike them, but I have no clue how to treat them. This is a shame because the sardines I have access to are fairly decent. How do you eat them? I'd prefer to avoid anything that involves primal crackers or chips because I just don't feel like making anything like this.
                I just add mustard and eat directly from the can in most cases.

Though sometimes I get all fancy-like and add diced sweet onion, roasted red peppers, capers, garlic and red wine vinegar. mmmmm

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Spicy hot mustard is the only way I can eat them.
                  Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                  Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                  Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

I hadn't had any in a while and wasn't sure I'd be wild about them anymore...had a package the other day mashed with guacamole. Yummo, and an easy way to transition back into eating them.

Comment

I usually just eat them straight. But sometimes with mustard, curry powder, or balsamic vinegar. And very rarely I'll make something like tuna salad with them: some mayo, celery and onion all mashed together.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.
                        my primal journal:

Comment

With mustard and cheddar cheese.

I second the suggestion to mash them up with guacamole. I did this for my baby and tasted it before giving it to him--delish!

Comment

I like sardines mashed with mayo, chopped green olives w/pimento and a little lemon juice.

Comment

Out of the can or in a plate with a spook of olive salad on them.
                              sigpicGustofson on Health - " I eat bacon, a whole damn plate!"

Comment

Working...
                              X