Heavy cream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy cream

Before primal i never use to have thick,whipped cream.I have just had a bowl of stawberries and blackberries with a huge blob of the beautiful stuff and thought to myself " how did i ever live without it".

It is one of several foodstuffs that i didn't eat before but now i absolutely love.

What do you eat ( and adore ) that you wouldn't have entertained pre primal ?.
    sigpic

Meat, dripping and bonemarrow!

Comment

Bacon. Oxtail. Cream poured on frozen raspberries so the cream half-freezes.

And I've only been doing this for a few weeks. I think there are lots more discoveries still to make!
      Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
      Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

chicken hearts and gizzards
        coconut milk and oil
        Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Ditto on the whipping cream. I also never had coconut oil before this year, and real bacon was a twice yearly treat (we only ate turkey bacon).

Oh, and real butter. We did the olive oil margarine thing.

Oh, avocados. Had my first one this year.

I'm pretty sure I never sat down and ate 1.5 pounds of ground beef in one sitting pre-primal, either (while losing weight).

Gotta love this plan.

Comment

Steak cooked medium and with fat. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
            The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
            Blog
            sigpic

Comment

Totally with you on heavy cream and berries as a sweat snack....it is fantastic!

Comment

Whipped heaven, in all it's myriads of variations.
                HWC in my chai tea.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Coconut oil
                  Bacon without guilt
                  Real butter

Comment

butterbutterbutterbutterbutterbutterbutter

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      Whipped heaven, in all it's myriads of variations.
                      We have you to blame for this, don't we? I can polish off a substantial amt mixed with cinnamon, with sliced organic gala apples.
                      I'm about to try a "savory" version to use as a veggie dip. Correction: to use small pieces of veg as vehicle to plop in my pie-hole

Comment

heavy whipping cream is #1. Even my wife who hasn't signed on to PB but by default, because I do all the cooking, has pretty much stopped eating grains, says she doesn't know how she went her whole life without eating real cream and whipped cream. Its so good. We probably have it 4 times a week after dinner.

Comment

Yes, you have to blame for this... Mwahahahahahaha! The stuff is farking addictive.
                          Fora savory variation, add curry powder or garlic powder, both are good. My next take is Italian seasonings (basil, oregano, parsley, pepper, red pepper, garlic, onion) whipped heaven rolled into pre- sauteed zuke slices. We'll see how that goes.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

Heavy cream,it would seem,is rather popular.How about blending in some brandy or whisky,could make dessert interesting!
                            sigpic

Comment

You can make ice cream out of heavy cream. I tried it last night and screwed it up (didn't have all the ingredients) but made a very fatty morning iced coffee instead.
                              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Working...
                              X