Zucchini Hash Browns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zucchini Hash Browns

Try these! So good I had them for breakfast this morning and my apartment smelled heavenly!!

1 zucchini, shredded
    1 tbsp shredded onion
    1 egg, beaten
    Sea salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
    grass-fed butter

Shred zucchini and pat with a paper towel to remove extra moisture.
    Mix together zucchini, onion, egg and spices.
    Heat butter in a pan and drop in gobs of the mixture by spoon.
    Flip when browned on one side. Remove and serve when both sides are browned.
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

that sounds really delish, gonna try sometime...

Comment

I love hashbrowns and have kind of missed them with my morning eggs and bacon. I think I'll have to try this tomorrow, since I have a zucchini in the fridge! Thanks for the idea!

Comment

I have made this tons of time with shredded rutabaga, parsnips, or jicama.

Any of the tougher vegetables will kick ass in a hash. I've not tried it with zucchini, so now it looks like that is next on my list.

Comment

YUM! will defnitiely try this

Comment

LOVE veggie hash browns! Shredded or cut up radishes fried with some bacon and onion make wonderful hash browns. They look a little weird but are really delicious.
            312/149/150

Comment

I was scanning threads on my iPhone (nude in the bath tub if you must know) and I totally thought this thread was Zucchini Hash Brownies. I was all stoked about getting stoned primally!! What a let down.

Well, also a let down because I don't get stoned, but if the recipe was cool enough I would maybe consider starting to get stoned. Well probably not, but I'd pretend I was so I could appear to be as cool as Rivvin, because I guarantee that crazy sonofabitch would be all over Zucchini Hash Brownies, and I'd feel left out.

Hmm. Anyway, yeah. Hash brownies.

Comment

This looks really yumm...will definitely be making them!

Comment

Do you think this would work without the egg? Was it more for holding it all together, or do you think it's necessary for flavor as well?

Sounds yummy!!

And Bane, I bet there are ways to make zucchini hash brownies. You could totally add pureed zucchini to baked goods (prob. almond flour ones too)...along w/ your drug of choice... Not condoning, just sayin'...
                  My Before/After Pics
                  Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

reckon could slice some bacon in there?

given me a few ideas, thanks muchly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                      I was scanning threads on my iPhone (nude in the bath tub if you must know) and I totally thought this thread was Zucchini Hash Brownies. I was all stoked about getting stoned primally!! What a let down.

Well, also a let down because I don't get stoned, but if the recipe was cool enough I would maybe consider starting to get stoned. Well probably not, but I'd pretend I was so I could appear to be as cool as Rivvin, because I guarantee that crazy sonofabitch would be all over Zucchini Hash Brownies, and I'd feel left out.

Hmm. Anyway, yeah. Hash brownies.
                      Wait, I thought these WERE hash brownies! Did you people actually think I was eating *only* vegetables for breakfast?

Comment

Originally posted by Lodini View Post
                        grass-fed butter
                        Psht. Thanks, now I can't have your ELITIST hash browns!

Er, I mean, looks good. I will try it.
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

A) Excellent recipe - thanks!! I've been looking for new ways to work veggies into breakfast

B) I love the sense of humor this group has
                          Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Comment

My personal favorite is delicata "squash" browns. I sautee peeled, deseeded, cubed delicata squash (these are also IME easier to peel than something like butternut!) with onions and bacon (I cut it into bite sized pieces before sauteeing). I toss in some garlic, S&P.

My husband is not usually fond of squash but he really likes these, as do my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                              Psht. Thanks, now I can't have your ELITIST hash browns!

Er, I mean, looks good. I will try it.
                              I was thinking that when I wrote it... oh well :P
                              Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
                              Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
                              Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

Working...
                              X