Apples anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apples anyone?

So my husband made an 'apple pizza' for the neighbors, has cookie and peanut butter and all other types of evilness in it. They are yummy, but now just way too sweet for my taste.

So, what to do with the leftover apples? Fry them in bacon fat of course.

I fried them until golden brown and crispy, the skins too. The skins are like candy almost.

Half I sprinkled with cinnamon, the other half, with shredded cheese. So good! And now? No craving for the junk food sitting on the counter. Thank you yummy fat and sweet apples!
    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Oh Nutmeg, this sounds delicious. I was just getting a hankering for some apples. These would be good with a nice juicy pork chop.

Comment

Oh, they would be a perfect compliment to a pork chop. Mmmmmmm
      Meghan

My MDA journal

Comment

How did you make them crispy? I have heard of fried apples before but anytime I have tried doing anything with apples and heat i basically got apple sauce. But this sounds amazing. Apples are probably one of my favourite foods, only I haven't been eating as many lately to try to bring my carbs closer to ketosis.
        The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

Comment

I fried them in the bacon grease on a medium heat, the apples themselves stay a little mushy, but take them out while they atill have their shape, it only takes about a minute or so. The skins get crispy. We have an apple corer, peeler, slicer- which is what DH used to prepare the apples for his dessert. So the peel comes off in one long strip, it is perfect for frying.
          Meghan

My MDA journal

Comment

I've done apples and onions with nutmeg to go with pork. Soooooo tasty. Hmmmm. I have apples, strawberries, rhubarb, and almond flour. I sense a primal fruit crumble in the near future.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I just tried making fried apples. Very tasty, but not crisp and golden as NutMeg described. i pulled them out of the pan because they were getting too soft and I didn't want apple sauce with bacon fat .
              The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                I have apples, strawberries, rhubarb, and almond flour. I sense a primal fruit crumble in the near future.
                I was thinking of trying the clafouti recipe from the PB cookbook with apples (and maybe a few fresh cranberries as that harvest is coming in now too) instead of the peaches. Your combination would work well too I think.
                312/149/150

Comment

I cook mine in the cast iron skillet on a pretty high temp, that might be why they come out crispier.
                  Meghan

My MDA journal

Comment

@nutmeg

By the time I'm at post #9, I'm literally drooling. Let me try out what you hv suggested here.
                    What is the best way to lose belly fat?

Comment

Working...
                    X