Rendering fish fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering fish fat?

So I tried to make Free The Animal's fish stock using fish remains and it didn't work out too well (I skimmed on his recipe) and I just stuck it in the fridge for a month and a half.

So I emptied it out today and the stock was like jelly, and felt like fat. I'm wondering now if its possible to render the fat from fish heads and left over bits?

Also, what part would have the most fat?
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

No idea about rendering the fat. Tends to be in the skin and dark flesh. I'd just boil the left over bits for stock. You'll get any fat that way, but it won't be much. A general rule is that the fattier fish taste fishier and have darker flesh. The flesh is where is most of the fat
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Working...
    X