Chocolate coconut almond treat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate coconut almond treat

Okay, so I'm not too great at making up a name.

I was wanting something on the sweet side this evening, so opened the cupboard, grabbed a few bits, and came up with this extremely tasty stuff. Completely satisfied the sweet craving.

Melt one square dark chocolate (I used 86%)
    Mix in creamed coconut until blended (I used perhaps 1 Tbsp)
    Stir in 1 tsp sliced almonds, few pinches of dessicated unsweetened coconut, splash of pure vanilla.

Stir and eat.

Worthy of further experimentation.

I could also see this chilled into something of a firmer macaroon type idea.
    My musings

The old stuff

This sounds awesome. I've only just started but I've been finding my sweet tooth has been calling out to me. I have a feeling I'm about to go to the shops to buy these things to try it out.. :P
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

Comment

I added a bit of almond butter to this tonight...omnomnomnom.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Sounds amazing! The name thing is tough - maybe you could call it a "pudding"?
        The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

This is absolutely amazing. I'm putting some in the fridge to see how it goes
          "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

Comment

my version #1: pulse coconut in blender to almost flour consistancy. Make into paste using coconut milk & coconut oil (melted). form "dough" into small bite size balls. dip in melted dark chocolate. Chill (or freeze) "truffles" on wax paper. similar to "mounds"
            I guess you could form the "dough" around an almond & make like an almond joy. or with a dried cherry, or...

my version #2: coconut oil bark- melt coconut oil. add cocoa powder, shredded coconut, chopped toasted almonds, chopped dried cherries, dash of sweeetening (up to individual tastes/preferences) etc etc etc. spread on sheet of foil. freeze. break into hunks of "bark".

I found these to help with my sweet cravings & tide me over as a fatty snack. Plus I get to do some creating/experimenting in the kitchen.

Comment

I refrigerated my left overs and I have to say it was AMAZING. It tasted like chocolate crackles. It was awesome.

Comment

Working...
              X