Where the hell do I find....?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the hell do I find....?

I cannot find coconut oil. Anyone know where to get it? Do any of the chain stores have it?

I'm on the east coast.

Some large chain groceries carry it in their organic/health food section. Allot of people here order it from the internet aswell.
    sigpic

Comment

I ordered mine online. You can get pretty big jars of it that way that last a long time. It's been a while though and I don't recall the site I got mine from.
      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Check your local health store, the one with all the soy/ vegetarian/ gluten free stuff. They usually have a couple jars tucked away somewhere. If not there, supposedly Tropical Traditions online is pretty good. I like the virgin NOW! Foods version; I get that for relatively cheap at a little mom and pop health nut shack.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

I get it at Whole Foods. I've never looked at a "regular" grocery store.
          Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Vitamin Shoppe has it
            My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Comment

Where on the east coast are you? If you're blessed enough to have been granted a Wegmans, they have a couple brands, but they are all rather pricey... it's actually a little cheaper at my local health food co-op type store.
              "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

If you order online, try to order a gallon at a time. However, I recommend getting it shipped in the winter. My bucket came covered in oil since the temperatures here in Dallas were well over 100 degrees. I am sure in the winter time the oil is solid so you get less mess.

Comment

Tropical Traditions.com

Comment

My grocery store carries it but methinks that's because I live in an area where there are a lot of south-east Asians. All the bulk food and health stores I've been in have it as well.

Comment

Oh, I should add, whenever I see it in regular grocery stores it's in the organic/natural/health food sections. I've never seen it in the aisle with other oils, or in the Asian foods aisle.
                      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mayness View Post
                        Oh, I should add, whenever I see it in regular grocery stores it's in the organic/natural/health food sections. I've never seen it in the aisle with other oils, or in the Asian foods aisle.
                        Thanks mayness. I'll check the organic isle.

p.s. I'm in Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                          Tropical Traditions.com
                          Thanks dragonmamma! If I can't find it in a store, I'll checkout Tropical Traditions.

Comment

Even Kroger has it!
                            Look in the "natural foods" section.
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

I order Nutiva from Amazon

Comment

Working...
                              X