Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut Pancakes

Good morning

We just tried coconut pancakes for breakfast instead of the usual almond meal and they were fantastic!! Light and much tastier. Put sokme blueberries in the and ate them with a few more blueberries and butter on top and a side of 4 pcs of Trader nitrate free bacon. Coconut flour is my new best primal friend. Next is coconut fried chicken!
    My Primal Journal

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread22813.html

yes, coconut is godly! i would be a-ok stuck on an island surrounded by coconuts;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyU View Post
      Good morning

We just tried coconut pancakes for breakfast instead of the usual almond meal and they were fantastic!! Light and much tastier. Put sokme blueberries in the and ate them with a few more blueberries and butter on top and a side of 4 pcs of Trader nitrate free bacon. Coconut flour is my new best primal friend. Next is coconut fried chicken!
      ITA. I thought they were awesome. Though in the spirit of full disclosure, I did do half coconut/half Pamela's GF pancake mix which has some GF grain in it as well as almond.

Next time, it's alllll coconut or coconut almond. I just had to use up the gf flour mix.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Can you please post the recipe you used? I tried to make the one found in the PB cookbook and failed. Oh, and which coconut flour did you use? Maybe that's what was wrong with mine.

Thanks!

Comment

This recipe is courtesy of www.comfybelly.com

•3 large eggs or 4 small eggs
          •1 teaspoon of olive oil (or your oil of choice)
          •1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
          •1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
          •1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (I now reduce this to 1/4 teaspoon) - used 1/4 tsp
          •1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup - used raw honey
          •2 tablespoons of coconut flour
          •fresh or frozen blueberries (optional) - out some fresh blueberries in the batter

this made 5 pancakes. slathered them with butter and more fresh blueberries on top
          My Primal Journal

Comment

Used Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour. I ordered mine on amazon.com
            My Primal Journal

Comment

I have made the pb cookbook version of coconutr pancakes several times & with mixed reviews. Yesterday I decided to bake them on parchment paper. That was the key. no more griddle for me. No burnt, raw in the middle falling apart "pancakes" again
              "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

I have had a bad experience with the recipe out of the cook book also! Maybe I need to try the baking deal.

Comment

yesterday I made the recipe in the book.....quadrupled it - used half coconut flour, half almond meal

It was a hit even with the most freakishly picky eaters of our group and there are some VERY picky eaters in this group of 13 extended family members. Very Very Picky.

if you're using just coconut, remember to add extra water....

Comment

Originally posted by Chairdr View Post
                    That was the key. no more griddle for me. No burnt, raw in the middle falling apart "pancakes" again
                    if they're burned on the outside and raw in the middle the temp is too high. I have found I have to cook them more slowly (ie lower temp) than traditional pancakes.

Comment

I have had to "adjust" how I cook things and I'm trying to get my wife to do the same. Off the pancake subject, I made burgers on the stovetop in a cast iron pan. I have lowered the temps to allow them to cook more thoroughly. The outside has a nice crust on them, but the inside is medium rare and juicy. I love cooking with olive oil and with the lower temps the oil doesn't "burn". Bacon also, I use the cast iron and lower the temp to just below medium. It crisps up nice with out burning.
                      My Primal Journal

Comment

i made them once (from the cookbook + a few blueberries) and they made me feel sick. felt shitty the whole day. i ate them with maple syrup (real canadian stuff), although I find it hard to believe it could be the maple syrup, i was raised on it.

Comment

Haven't tried the cookbook recipe but this is how I do them:

1 TBs coconut flour
                          2 TBs coconut meal
                          1 Ts vanilla
                          2 eggs
                          1 TB butter, melted.

mix until smooth. Fry in coconut oil and butter.

Serve with sliced pear (or banana) and lashings of pure cream!!!!!

yum.

Comment

We are trying these this morning.
                            sigpicGustofson on Health - " I eat bacon, a whole damn plate!"

Comment

I must be doing something wrong...they were dry and pasty. ick

Comment

Working...
                              X