Nachos + Bacon = AWESOME!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nachos + Bacon = AWESOME!

Prior to going primal, Nachos were my go-to meal if I was in a rush, or just couldn't be bothered making anything else. I haven't had any since going primal, and to be honest, I haven't really missed them. Still, someone mentioned them yesterday, and I wondered if it would be possible to make a primal version.

The hardest bit was deciding what to use instead of corn chips. In the end I decided that I'd use bacon, because let's face it, there's very little that can't be improved by adding bacon. I also decided to use fresh tomatoes, capsicum and avocado instead of salsa and guacamole.

This is a dead easy meal to make. All I did was fry the bacon until it was crispy, and put it into a baking dish. I chopped the tomato, capsicum and avocado up finely, sprinkled on a bit of chili powder (because I was out of fresh chillies), and mixed them together. I put this on top of the bacon and topped it off with a bit of grated cheese. All that remains is to cook it in the oven until the cheese is golden brown (I cooked at 180C/350F). As far as quantities are concerned, for two people I used 6 rashers of bacon, two small tomatoes, one avocado, and about half a capsicum.

The end result was amazing. I wasn't too sure about how well the bacon would work instead of the corn chips, but I needn't have worried. I'll definitely be making this one again.

yes! Love it

Comment

Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to try this one! Sounds yummy!
      Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
      Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
      Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

I too loved nachos as my go-to quick meal.
        Last week I messed up a roast chicken -- didn't keep it in the oven long enough. So I threw the whole thing in a crock pot and simmered it all for about 20 hours.

Then I used the chicken as the base for my nachos. And added some bacon with the cheese, tomato, red pepper, onion, and jalapeno topping.

Once done, I added some cilantro and avocado mixed with creme fraiche. This was clearly not finger food. But it was a great way to use up that chicken.
        SW: 191 (July 2010)
        CW: 160
        GW: 140

Comment

You sir are a genius.

I grant you a quick easy death when my legions of TerrorClowns come to sterilize your planet.

Comment

Ah this was amazing. Had it for dinner tonight. AMAZING. And it was quick and easy to make which is a bonus.
            "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

Comment

Working...
            X