What is your staple dish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your staple dish?

Which primal dish do you keep turning to or have the most?

For me personally I have veg and fish - I bang both in the oven (bit of dill weed on the fish - and the veg in a casserole dish with natural veg stock) and half hour later they're done. Simple, quick and easy.
    Last edited by Ast; 08-25-2010, 11:27 AM.

staple meat: beef roasts

staple side: collards or kale w/bacon and onion
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

How do you prepare the side KM?

Comment

Bacon and eggs. When there's meatsauce for pasta, I replace the pasta with sliced zucchini, red onions and peppers fried in oil and garlic salt.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

2-3 chicken thighs (depending on size) with 1tbsp of coconut oil on each, roasted in the oven for 40 minutes, with steamed veggies (carrots, peas, broccoli and cauliflower, usually). I could honestly eat this everyday and never get bored of it.

Comment

it's a two-way tie:
            a really big primal omelet (with prime rib, spinach, mushrooms, cheese, and anything else that crosses my path)

or

big ass salad.
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I don't really have a staple meat dish, although I do like throwing large chunks of meat in the crock pot and just adding some spices/herbs. I've got a 4lb pork loin cooking at home right now.

For veggies, I default to roasting everything. =] There's nothing I won't roast. This time of year, I make a lot of sauteed squash (yellow and zucchini), peppers, and tomatoes. I don't like to have the oven on as often when it's hot outside.
              "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I have a few... seem to eat the same things everyday:

Bacon and eggs (+sweet potatoe homefries once in a while)
                Big salad (with chicken or fish)
                Burgers on the grill, whole chicken, huge steak med rare (+whatever veggies i have around)

Comment

bacon cheeseburger meatloaf....

Comment

Originally posted by Ast View Post
                    How do you prepare the side KM?
                    the recipe is VERY forgiving, so you can really adjust it in lots of ways...

ingredients:
                    1 lb chopped kale or collards (I buy the bags of them pre-washed/cut)
                    1 onion
                    2-4 (or more) slices of bacon
                    about 1.5 cups of chicken stock (or you can do any combination of chicken stock/coconut milk for more calories and a different taste)

You'll need one pot of boiling water to blanch the greens for 5-6 minutes, drain and rinse in cool water to stop the cooking process

Slice the bacon strips into small strips and toss them into a pot on medium-high heat. Cook until starting to crisp up
                    Add the onion and cook until soft
                    Add the greens and liquid
                    Bring to boil and then simmer until the liquid reduced/almost gone - about 20 minutes.

If you like your greens a little crunchier, you don't have to mess with pre-cooking them....just add them to the bacon, onion and liquid and cook them for a little bit longer. This method works better with kale than collards.

Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
                    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

My staple quick dish really involves the following:
                      -Grill meat
                      -Salad and/or sauteed veggies (usually sliced summer squash or wilted spinach)

My favorite easy/inexpensive meat option is just a whole chicken. So easy to prep, easy to cook, and always makes leftovers.

We eat a lot of game meat, so usually I will just marinade it and toss it on the grill. Slice and serve next to or on a salad.

Come fall/winter I will move over to stews and soups.
                      Erin
                      Daily Vlogs
                      Primal Pets Blog

Comment

Bacon and Eggs.
                        Merry Spinmas!!!
                        http://stcva.blogspot.com/

Comment

Usually dinner is a slab of meat and a salad or roasted veggies. Lunch is usually dinner's leftovers. Breakfast is usually hard-boiled eggs and fruit.

Comment

Hard boiled eggs. I cook up a bunch, they are great for breakfast or travelling snacks.

"Cinammon" chicken. Chicken thighs sprinkled w/ garlic powder & cinammon, roasted at 350 for 45min. Individually packed in the fridge for work lunches or quickie dinners. (Hubby loves it!! )

I try to always have both in the fridge.

Comment

regular basics:
                              - pastured meat, cooked in the slow cooker with some sort of onion thing (onion, garlic, leeks, etc)
                              - some sort of cabbage thing (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, etc), cooked in butter
                              Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Working...
                              X