"Magic Shell" for ice cream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Magic Shell" for ice cream

Most of us indulge in ice cream, coconut milk ice cream, frozen whipped heaven,... some variation of frozen dessert every once in a while. I know I do and I was missing my Magic Shell stuff (you pour it on the ice cream, it hardens up and creates a shell over the ice cream.) I refused to eat it because all the crap in it. Then I got the brilliant idea of coconut oil being solid at that temperature and ran with it.
    Chocolate Magic Shell
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    2 tbsp cocoa powder

Stir to combine, pour over ice cream. I'm sure you could use other flavoring agents, but my go- to is chocolate or chocolate pecan.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Thanks for the idea! I'll have to try it out soon. I've also thought about this. My first inkling came when making coconut oil chocolates. Then I remembered that the main ingredient in Magic Shell is...coconut oil! Back when I ate the name-brand Magic Shell, I thought the high saturated fat content was bad. Now I know I should have been much more worried about all the sugar and other crap in it!

Comment

I like to pour coconut oil on frozen blueberries, to make that nice crunchy coating. It's even better if you mix in some cinnamon.
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

whoa, you read my mind! A chef I work with just gave me the same idea a couple nights ago!

Comment

I bet this would make great frozen banannas!

Comment

* Glorious *
            Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X