Pho ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenfish View Post
    I buy a bag of shredded broccli stems (they market it for brocoli slaw) for my chicken soup. My girls still call it chicken noodle becaust the broccoli strands get translucent and soft. could work for Pho.
    Broccoli slaw is very handy! Turns into stir fry into a "noodle" dish. Never tried homemade pho though--I have it infrequently enough I don't mind a dose of gluten-free/sugar-free carb in the standard recipe.
    37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

I make it with both kelp, and sweet potato noodles(found at asian markets).
      Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
        I don't even bother with the rice noodles when I go to Pho restaurants here in CO...I just ask for no noodles and add veggies...the don't mind at all!!!

I was searching on Pho to find out if lots of primal/paleo folks eat it...Pho is huge here in Colorado and I realized the broth is bone broth that the paleo community really advocates for.

Love the PHO!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
          I don't even bother with the rice noodles when I go to Pho restaurants here in CO...I just ask for no noodles and add veggies...the don't mind at all!!!

I was searching on Pho to find out if lots of primal/paleo folks eat it...Pho is huge here in Colorado and I realized the broth is bone broth that the paleo community really advocates for.

Love the PHO!

Comment

Originally posted by ikaika View Post
            Konnyakku noodles are made with yam. I believe shirataki contain soy and yam flour, so maybe not so primal?
            In our local Asian grocery there are two kinds of shiritaki noodles. One type is made from tofu/soy, which I avoid. The other kind is labeled "yam" noodles, but is actually made from the root of the konjac plant (not related to the common yam.) The konjac contains glucomannan, which is a beneficial prebiotic (food for gut bacteria.) I buy the "yam" shiritaki noodles, which are packed in water and found in a refrigerated case. You boil them for 3 minutes before use to reduce their slight fishy odor. Not sure how neccessary that is, but it's easy enough. They have almost no calories so are low-glycemic.
            Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

I just eat the rice noodles when I get it for an occasional carb refeed. Not usually more than one a week, unless I get sushi. Constantly eating carbs is bad, occasionally eating them is not. Also, when else am I going to drink bone broth and eat cow stomach?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
              X