I just experimented with soaking walnuts for the first time.. Put them in salt water overnight, drained the water and let them dry at room temp in an airtight container for around 20 hours. I think they look okay, although their appearance changed a bit after soaking, but they smell like mold. Which to me makes sense because they were damp and sitting out all day, but I didn't think of it beforehand since I saw no mention of mold concerns online with any sort of soaking instructions. Are these okay to eat or should I toss them? Is there anything I'm missing here? Thanks!
No announcement yet.
Soaking nuts - mold worries?