Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Coconut Butter in Oz

Hi,

I've looked online and most places that sell Coconut Butter in Oz are Healthfood stores that mark up the price $$$.

Any other Oz Primates know where to find it?

I'm not in Oz, but you can definately make your own! I *once* bought a jar here & it was pricey too. A quick "google" & you can find ways to make your own coconut butter, as it is basically coconut oil & coconut flour...

Hope that helps you out some!

Comment

It's so easy to make if you have a food processor- just take dehydrated coconut and run it through the food processor for 10- 15 minutes. Check it out here

http://pantrybites.com/coconut-butter
      sigpic
      www.pantrybites.com
      Real Good Primal Food

Comment

Maro, Loving Earth in Melbourne sell coconut butter and all things cacao I think certified organic. I haven't tried it but know of the company. Google it and you will get to their website. I think 500ml for $12 or something - is that pricey? or do as above from Pantry Bites.

Comment

Cheers - I'll give the blend a whirl.

We don't have as much variety/options here compared to the US I think.

Comment

trust me its hard to come by here too! but we have a nice variety of online retailers here. thats one thing ill miss when i move back over there again. native aussie living in california for 6 years.
            "The first wealth is health."
            - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Haven't looked for coconut butter, but can get 500ml of coconut oil for $10 at local discount vitamin store (Mr Vitamins).

Copha is a lot cheaper, but its hydrogenated coconut oil so of uncertain safety
              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

try www.niulife.com.au they've got heaps of coconut products but unfortunately NOT butter. Sounds like the blender option is pretty easy though.
                I've just ordered 2kg of coconut flour from www.newinternationalists.com.au too. 2 for one deal and heaps cheaper postage than shipping through www.tropicaltraditions.com
                Good luck with your searching!!!
                PS. I'm in Adelaide.

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                  Haven't looked for coconut butter, but can get 500ml of coconut oil for $10 at local discount vitamin store (Mr Vitamins).

Copha is a lot cheaper, but its hydrogenated coconut oil so of uncertain safety
                  I'll have a look - cheers.

Looked in Woolies for Almond butter and they want $7.95 for a small pot! I'll be making that as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X