300 pages of low carb recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 pages of low carb recipes

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum, but have been following a very low carb diet (I shoot for no more then 30g a day) to manage my diabetes since 2006. I am part way through PB and am loving it. I helped put a broad and FREE collection of low carb recipes together at one point--some probably have a few foods that may not be 100% primal, but I guarantee there are zero grains or sugars and most recipes are under 12g/meal. Take care and hope some of these are useful--I personally recommend the salmon cakes they are one of my favorites (with a wasabi/soy dip on the side):

http://www.dsolve.com/additional-res...collection-pdf

I will be honest, I am scared to click a link posted by something who came here to pimp a download as their first post and their name is "phish".

Any one else want to guinea pig this for me?

Comment

Looks good - thank you!

Comment

Thank you, phishery!
        I read the TOC and downloaded the PDF. My package including the primal blueprint cookbook was sent to me yesterday, now I've got enough recipes for the next five years to come ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
          I will be honest, I am scared to click a link posted by something who came here to pimp a download as their first post and their name is "phish".

Any one else want to guinea pig this for me?
          Rivvin,

I know it totally looks suspect--I guess I spent so much time putting it together (with the help of others) that I want to make sure others have access to it. Since "phishing" has become such a mainstream term I regret using a close looking derivative of it for all my usernames--it is in reference to the band Phish whom I spent too much time listening to and following in my youth.

If you end up downloading it try the salmon cake recipe.

Best,
          R

Comment

way cool. thank you for sharing!

Comment

WOW!! Thank you for sharing. And for all your hard work.

Comment

Gee, my husband and I have been discussing the need for some variety in our pb meals. Bacon and eggs is getting old. This is just in time! Thanks.
                Mermaid

Comment

Thank you, will read through it better at home, looks good so far

Comment

Wow! Looks awesome! can't wait to really dig into it tonight and find some new things to try!

Comment

Thanks a lot! Wonderfully laid out and I appreciate the carb data for each dish
                      Last edited by Goombi; 07-28-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

The carb counts were to help with those needing to figure out how much insulin needs to be used to cover the meal. Being diabetic I count all macronutrients to determine the total available glucose the meal will ultimately convert to during metabolism (even protein and fats convert in some measure to glucose and require some amount of insulin to cover).

Variety is the spice of life and makes it easier for me to comply with the diet so hopefully these can help inject a little variety. As I am sure you will note there are foods that look like they are in scope for the PB diet (like fruits) which you won't find in these recipes. I suppose Grok had some variety forced upon him based on the seasons, luck of the hunt, and wanderings which would often dictate what was on the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by phishery View Post
                          Rivvin,

I know it totally looks suspect--I guess I spent so much time putting it together (with the help of others) that I want to make sure others have access to it. Since "phishing" has become such a mainstream term I regret using a close looking derivative of it for all my usernames--it is in reference to the band Phish whom I spent too much time listening to and following in my youth.

If you end up downloading it try the salmon cake recipe.

Best,
                          R
                          Wow! That's a lot of recipes -- thanks. And, my husband and I managed two Phish shows this summer. Look forward to perusing the recipes.
                          My journal

Comment

checking it out now haa how did i miss this
                            Get on my Level
                            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

yikes...gonna have to replace the vegetable oil in these recipes!
                              Get on my Level
                              http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X