Chicken Legs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Legs

I made a big crockpot full of chicken legs yesterday. We ate'em just like that last night. What should I do with them tonight? The meat is lovely, just falling off the bones. What would you do?

Make stock with the bones. Cook 1 chopped onion in either chicken fat or butter until soft, add chicken and some of the lovely chicken stock, cook with 1 teaspoon dried tarragon. When heated through, add 1 desert spoon dijon mustard and heavy cream to make a thick sauce.

Delicious!

Comment

This time of year, I'm sure I'd put some of it on a salad, maybe with buffalo sauce and a little crumbled blue cheese. Or make chicken salad (maybe curry flavored), and eat it wrapped in lettuce.

I put chicken in a quiche/fritatta, although some people think that's weird.
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Salad! Or chicken salad in lettuce wraps like mayness suggested.

I like chicken omlettes too, with veggies and cheese and spices It's not weird at all!
        You are what you eat,
        and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Here's what I did do.

a layer of yam slices in a baking dish with melted butter
          a sliced apple
          a sliced onion
          I chopped up the left over chicken and shook into it some poultry seasoning
          covered with foil until it was all soft to a fork

It was delicious! In fact, I was sorry DS#2 was home and we had to share.

Comment

Working...
          X