Ok, who's hiding the coconut flour?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, who's hiding the coconut flour?

So, we've tried the largest Asian market in the West Phoenix, AZ, area, Trader Joe's and our local supermarket in the regular and organic/natural aisle.

Nobody has coconut flour. Flakes, oil, milk, cream, powder, but no flour.

Suggestions?
    TimW
    Phoenix

Netrition.com

http://www6.netrition.com/cgi/advanced_search.cgi

I love this website. No matter how much you order they only charge $5 shipping and they are really good about packing and shipping.

I also use Wilderness family naturals for coconut products

http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/

The coconut spread is delicious!

Comment

My Trader Joe's doesn't carry it either (I think some do), nor do any of the regular supermarkets in my town. I bought a large bag at my health food store for $5.29 which I think is pretty reasonable as all the recipes seem to call for 1/2 cup or less. In fact, I used it to make coconut pancakes today.

Good luck!
      My journal

Comment

I bought my last batch from TT watch for a buy 1 get 1 sale- they run them fairly frequently. Time before that I got a decent deal off of Amazon.
        Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

Originally posted by TimW View Post
          So, we've tried the largest Asian market in the West Phoenix, AZ, area, Trader Joe's and our local supermarket in the regular and organic/natural aisle.
          Yeah, none of those places in Atlanta have it either. I don't think the flour is used in Asian cooking. *shrugs*

Anyway, Whole Foods or a health food store are the go-to places.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

We'll try the Whole Foods or Sprouts. We have both in the area. Joy of living some place with nearly 3 million people in the metro area...pretty much everything is somewhere.

Soror, what is "TT"? I ask because, in my industry, it's often a shorthand reference for a company that make military soft goods like vests, pouches and backpacks. Somehow, I don't think they sell coconut flour.
            TimW
            Phoenix

Comment

Hi Roberta - Do you know the sugar content of the spreads? And, have you tried the flour?
              Sheila

http://integrallifedesign.com/
              sheila@integrallifedesign.com

The Good ~ The True ~ The Beautiful

Comment

http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/
                Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smokiesmik View Post
                  Hi Roberta - Do you know the sugar content of the spreads? And, have you tried the flour?
                  The plain coconut spread has no sugar and is delicious!. The others I believe are sweetened with agave. If you click the link for each product it will give all the nutritional data. I have tried the flour. They have a high qaulity product imo.

Comment

I just grind my own coconut flour. I put about twice as much desiccated (dried) unsweetened coconut flakes in my food processor, and give it a few pulses and it's done. Now my food processor will do it, but my Magic Bullet actually works better. It has a blade much like a coffee grinder, and that seems to make the best flour. The flour takes up less room than the flakes, so that's why I grind up about twice as much flakes as I need flour. I also find that keeping my coconut frozen helps when I make flour because the oils don't interfere as much.
                    Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Fortune cookie that changed my life

Comment

I dunno guys, I've seen it at most of my normal local stores like Kroger. Usually in the health food section, bob's red mill coconut flour

Comment

Thanks!
                        Sheila

Comment

We have a Fry's (owned by Kroger), and they didn' have it, even in the Bob's section. Tried Sprouts, and they had a place for it on the shelves ($6.49/lb), but were out. On the plus side, Sprouts had certified organic chicken (some pklace out of Oregon) for $2.49/lb, including whole birds in the 5-7lb range.
                          TimW
                          Phoenix

Comment

Originally posted by TimW View Post
                            We'll try the Whole Foods or Sprouts. We have both in the area. Joy of living some place with nearly 3 million people in the metro area...pretty much everything is somewhere.

Soror, what is "TT"? I ask because, in my industry, it's often a shorthand reference for a company that make military soft goods like vests, pouches and backpacks. Somehow, I don't think they sell coconut flour.

Tropical Traditions- good stuff but never buy unless they are running a sale!

Comment

I don't know about supermarkets in other places but comparing to around here it is WAY cheaper to buy online.

Comment

Working...
                              X