Single Serving Coconut Pancake Recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Serving Coconut Pancake Recipe

FINALLY. I have tried and failed 3 times previously in getting this recipe right! I don't know how coconut flour affects other people but personally I can only handle a couple tablespoons for the day. I get plenty of fiber from the vegetables I take in daily! Without further adieu, my 3 huge pancakes or 6 little ones recipe to calm your hunger with a bitter chocolate sauce

http://thedelicateplace.wordpress.co...lour-pancakes/

Hi there - thanks for this. I thought it was going to be just a pared down (1 serving size) version of Mark's coconut pancakes, but your recipe is actually different. Two questions - why do you need to sift the flour (I've made them about 3x and never done that - does it make them fluffier or less eggy?). And what is the purpose of the vinegar?

Thanks!
    My journal

Comment

the sifted flour allows it to be more evenly distributed in your egg mixture. this is the first time i've actually thought it didn't taste like a huge egg patty haha. the vinegar reacts with the baking soda to create carbonic acid which is an unstable compound so C02 will leave the system causing bubbles. in the end it makes for a fluffier pancake instead of being super dense and dry baking is delicious science!!

Comment

3 eggs
        2 tbsp coconut flour
        4 tbsp almond flour
        1/2 tsp baking soda

cinnamon/vanilla/cocoa powder/whatever to taste

I consider this single serve because it makes two big pancakes

Comment

Too big.

Comment

1 1/2 scoops protein powder
            2 eggs
            2 tbsp cottage cheese
            1/4 tsp baking powder

shredded coconut if you like
            Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
              1 1/2 scoops protein powder
              2 eggs
              2 tbsp cottage cheese
              1/4 tsp baking powder

shredded coconut if you like
              How many grams per scoop of protein powder?

Comment

a little help please.....

I have always avoided coconut flour recipes because I simply can't stand the taste or smell of coconut. It would be great if anyone here can assure me that the flour doesn't smell of coconut. I just don't want to waste my money. Thanks all.

Comment

Oooh. I need to start adding ACV to my pancakes.
                  I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                  Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                  "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

Originally posted by bobkat View Post
                    a little help please.....

I have always avoided coconut flour recipes because I simply can't stand the taste or smell of coconut. It would be great if anyone here can assure me that the flour doesn't smell of coconut. I just don't want to waste my money. Thanks all.
                    Wow I'm so glad I don't have your aversion to the greatest single food in the world.

Coconut flour does taste like coconut, it is not as strong as shredded coconut.

Comment

I have tried off and on for 50 years or so to learn to like it. Just ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                        3 eggs
                        2 tbsp coconut flour
                        4 tbsp almond flour
                        1/2 tsp baking soda

cinnamon/vanilla/cocoa powder/whatever to taste

I consider this single serve because it makes two big pancakes
                        Nice sharing useful information.........

Comment

Originally posted by bobkat View Post
                          I have tried off and on for 50 years or so to learn to like it. Just ain't gonna happen.
                          Yeah the hubs says it has some sort of "after taste" for him. Not for me, I love it and do not taste any coconut unless I put honey into a recipe. Guess our taste buds are all different!
                          Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Comment

I made this for lunch:

2 eggs
                            1 tablespoon heavy cream
                            1 ripe banana, mashed
                            1 tablespoon coconut flour (add a bit more if your mixture seems too runny. It should be like heavy pancake batter consistency)

Heat a skillet over medium heat (sprayed with coconut oil).
                            Fry like pancakes. (I made 4 from this mixture.)

Tastes great, no toppings necessary.

Comment

Great idea - but we can't get carton egg whites here and I hate using up 3 eggs only to be left with 2 unused yolks.

I have an easy recipe I often whip up at breakfast time:

2 eggs
                              2 Tbs coconut flour
                              1/8 tsp baking powder
                              2 Tbs melted butter or coconut oil
                              2 Tbs milk/coconut milk

Mix it all together until smooth, I don't add any fat to the pan when cooking because they are greasy enough. Oh and this recipe makes two largish pancakes, perfect for one person.

Comment

Working...
                              X