Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coconut flour chocolate spread/dip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coconut flour chocolate spread/dip

    Made this today, more like a thick mousse. Keeps for approx 5 days in the fridge.
    Contains dairy.

    half cup coconut flour
    quarter cup of cocoa powder or add more later if you want
    half cup melted coconut oil
    1 Tbs honey
    1 egg
    1 cup of milk

    Sift coconut flour and cocoa into a bowl.
    In a separate bowl have the melted coconut oil and tip in the above c.flour and cocoa and whisk well to incorporate.
    Add honey and milk (the mixture really thickens up now as the coconut flour starts to absorb the liquid) then mix in the egg.

    It does get fairly stiff/solid in the fridge but nice to eat off the spoon as a snack if you are hungry.

    Our eggs don't have salmonella so as long as you are okay eating them raw then try this.

  • #2
    could sub milk with coconut milk if you're not into dairy?
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

    Comment


    • #3
      This sounds amazing! I love coconut flour so much!

      Shannon, I don't see why coconut milk would be a problem. I am now substituting all milk products with coconut milk.
      Insert whitty diet remark here!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JasonBanz View Post
        This sounds amazing! I love coconut flour so much!

        Shannon, I don't see why coconut milk would be a problem. I am now substituting all milk products with coconut milk.
        good choice. as you'll see in other posts i am PRO coconut!! i might also use carob pwdr instead of cocoa. sounds yummy though;-)
        Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

        Comment


        • #5
          It sounds like a flourless chocolate cake batter made with coconut flour just before it goes in the oven. Sounds delicious!
          sigpic
          www.pantrybites.com
          Real Good Primal Food

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pantrybites View Post
            It sounds like a flourless chocolate cake batter made with coconut flour just before it goes in the oven. Sounds delicious!
            Welp guess I am going to try baking the batch I made last night just to see what happens now.

            Comment


            • #7
              How did it turn out?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                Welp guess I am going to try baking the batch I made last night just to see what happens now.
                I'd be keen to hear about how it turned out.
                sigpic
                www.pantrybites.com
                Real Good Primal Food

                Comment

                Working...
                X