Fried avacado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried avacado

This came up whilst browsing the web today. Looks good and would be easy to convert to a more paleo friendly recipe. http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/r...o-fries-121614

It says they were inspired by a similar recipe http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/i...vocados-022088

Basically, slice avocado, Dip in beaten egg, roll into breading (almond flour anyone?) and fry em up. Maybe add some seasoning to the almond flour.

The 2nd recipe is very similar except they put a fruit salad in the middle.

Sound good?

Ohhh, yum! This sounds delicious!

Comment

pork rinds for the bread crumbs...
      coconut oil for the frying...
      oh yeah, I like this

Comment

how cool. guac is getting a bit boring. thanks!
        Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Another thing you can do with avocado that is amazing is turn it into a smoothie. My husband makes them with a little bit of milk and ice in the blender, but I am sure coconut milk as a substitute for those who do not drink milk would work as well.

I used to think 'yuck' when he told me about it, until I tried it. It is sweet, and wholesome and really nutritious.

Comment

Well, I was impressed with avocado chocolate pudding, now I have to try an avocado chocolate shake.

Comment

Mmmmm! That really sounds good! I was just reminiscing the other day about homemade cheesesticks- this perhaps would be a decent sub (although certainly not taste the same it would be nice and creamy.
              Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

i have had deep fried avocado at the state fair (before starting to eat more healthily of course). It was pretty good.

Comment

waaah! Does anyone have a cure for avocado allergy??? *sob*

One tip - my understanding is that avocado doesn't lke heat, it goes bitter, so you would want to watch your cooking times and zap them just long enough to fry the outside without overcooking the inside.
                  If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

that stinks geekgrrl. i'll enjoy some 4 ya though;-)
                    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

i just made a batch with coconut flour. yummmmmmy.

Comment

I don't have a cure, but I developed an avocado allergy at age 21, after a stressful running race. I am now 38 and it has gone away in last the year or so.

Don't know if organic would help or VERY small amounts at a time. I don't miss the thick mucus, itchy chin, and slight throat swelling. Hope it goes away for you.

Originally posted by geekgrrl View Post
                        waaah! Does anyone have a cure for avocado allergy??? *sob*

One tip - my understanding is that avocado doesn't lke heat, it goes bitter, so you would want to watch your cooking times and zap them just long enough to fry the outside without overcooking the inside.

Comment

Working...
                        X