Oysters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oysters?

How do you cook them, whay are your fave recipes, and do you ever eat them canned (and if so how?)

Thanks folks!!!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Cook? Oysters? Why? All they need is lemon and tabsco sauce.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

I had some raw oysters yesterday. A little horseradish. A little vinegar. YUM!

I've never cooked them. I've had the canned, smoked ones. Just need a fork and some salt.

Comment

Never!!!! Must eat raw. Luckily we have many local sources, I could eat 4 dozen at a sitting!
        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

I had some down South that were prepared like shrimp scampi. Butter, garlic, chives. Done on a grill. They were very good.
          Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

Steamed is another way people who can't handle them raw eat them. At a lot of restaurants, they won't even prepare them raw to avoid litigation. I personally only like them raw.

Oyster Po'Boys are popular in The South. They are breaded and fried and stuck on a bun with tomato and shredded lettuce, mayo and ketchup or remoulade. I suppose you could batter them in coconut flour, fry them in lard, and serve them them with home-made Remoulade* in a Primal basket!

*If you don't want any sugar from the ketchup, substitute with tomato paste and lemon juice or vinegar
            Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

Raw, with a bit of lemon juice and horseradish. I don't indulge very often, but yum.

Comment

I don't eat them anymore....but if I did

1)Raw
                2)Oysters florentine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

The only other ways I've had them (besides raw) were in stew and sautee'd in butter. I really liked the sautee'd ones - they have a very light texture and would work well with a number of dishes.

Comment

I almost forgot the Embrochette. Shrimp and oyster wrapped in bacon on a skewer and grilled.

Seafood HEAVEN
                    Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

I don't like them raw but love them cooked in butter, or with bacon...

Comment

Definitely the way to go!!!

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        Cook? Oysters? Why? All they need is lemon and tabsco sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainer View Post
                          Never!!!! Must eat raw. Luckily we have many local sources, I could eat 4 dozen at a sitting!
                          ain't that the truth... wish I could afford that many...

Comment

Originally posted by New Renaissance View Post
                            I almost forgot the Embrochette. Shrimp and oyster wrapped in bacon on a skewer and grilled.

Seafood HEAVEN
                            okay, so that sounds good too.

Comment

Raw? Eeeewwww!

Comment

Working...
                              X