Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you eat when you have the munchies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you eat when you have the munchies?

Do you still get the munchies? I do, mindlessly munching away at something, but I'm having a hard time finding something I can eat that allows me to munch along without feeling guilty about calories/primal-ness. Like now. I just ate 1 cup of macadademia nuts =P (I don't often buy nuts for this reason...)

A cup of macadamia nuts? That's not a snack, that's a meal or more.

I don't get the munchies. Eat more fat with your meals.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Maybe you should stop smoking pot

For a snack, try pork rinds if you can find them.
      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

i can put down a cup of macadamia nuts. they're like crunchy butter balls. mmmm....
        if i have to snack, i've been snacking on plantain chips. i do try to limit non-meals to a weekly treat, though.

Comment

I enjoy nibbling on strawberries. They are full of good vitamins (as if there are bad vitamins), low gi and very low calories.

Hope that helps

xxxx

Comment

Try a spoonful of coconut oil or a quality nut butter. Also, a good jerky, some raw veggies, fruit or walnuts helps me.

Comment

Kale chips! They are crunchy and satisfying like potato chips without the guilt! I usually make mine with salt and vinegar.
              http://primalyak.blogspot.com

Comment

I rarely snack, but when I do I like pork rinds. They're 1000x better than potato chips. I allow myself a chocolate treat every night also. Typically I don't get snacky though. I'm either full-blown hungry or too busy to eat. Weekends are harder and I do graze. Then it's whatever I find- usually in my parents' refrigerator. Leftover meat, pieces of cheese, a piece of jerky. It's a bad habit I've gotta break. At least I quit eating their peanut butter (stupid hydrogenated oils.)

Comment

If I am feeling snacky, it is pork rinds, or celery stuffed with nut butter or cream cheese, or a nibble of left overs. Occasionally, I will mix a few almonds with a few dark chocolate chips, but that is very rare.
                  Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  Re-Start date 6/23/2011
                  me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
                  273.4/269.3/115
                  Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

Frozen blueberries. Just a small amount sates well.
                    They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

Comment

the best thing to eat is your pillow. go to bed..problem solved. or, a small handful of walnuts eaten slow. i had to stop buying pistachios(way to adictive). if its night, stay away from fruit. try a cup of decaf
                      "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

coconut flakes and a handful of raw nuts.
                        Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Vine tomatoes..they are like sweets to me =p

Comment

I rarely get the munchies anymore. They happen most often at the office when I'm bored. That damned office is a dangerous place!

When I do find the need to engage hand and mouth in senseless feeding (i.e. the munchies), I find I have a few standards anymore - 3-4 macadamia nuts which I bite into pieces and make a production of chewing, or similarly a small handful of almonds. Sometimes, it's just a cup of tea, I'm a big fan of always having a cup of tea (chai, green or herbal) in reach. Once, I ate two good sized pats of butter, just to see what it did to my munchies. They went away. I didn't necessarily enjoy eating the butter all by its lonesome, tho.

I find a better strategy is to make sure I'm getting fully fueled with my meals - lots of fat, enough protein. If I succeed in that, I don't get the munchies, especially if I don't let myself get bored. One last tip, go do a little bit of a workout when you get the munchies. I often take a brisk walk if nothing else will do.

Comment

-Pork rinds
                              -Half can of coconut milk
                              -Tablespoon of coconut oil
                              -12 oz of whole milk, a dribble of vanilla extract if I'm feeling fancy
                              Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
                              ~Borges

Comment

Working...
                              X