No announcement yet.

Salmon fishcakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone cooked fishcakes in the oven?? I find that with ground almonds instead of potato (which I used to make them with) they break up rather when I turn them over.

So tis evening I'm trying them in the oven on a buttered non stick oven tray. Hope they work!!!!

Comment

Let us know

Comment

Well, I left them about 30 minutes in total - turned them after the 1st 20 and put a small pat of butter on each.

They were firm, cooked and delicious but a little dry. I shall try adding either softened butter next time, or perhaps cream cheese to make them more moist.

Flavour full marks. Texture - a little dry. Obviously they oak up fat in the frying pan and I think 20 minutes would have been long enough in total.

It did mean I could also use the oven to cook roast sweet potato and roast courgette (zucchini).

Comment

Cool - i'll have to try that too!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
            Cool - i'll have to try that too!
            Do let me know how you get on!

Comment

We love salmon patties here, me and the kids anyway! I call them fish burgers. We always squish up the bones, good calcium there! I like adding Old Bay seasoning and some almond flour for binding as well. My friend just made some w/ shredded coconut and said it was delicious. I prefer to fry them but I do sometimes bake them, the texture just isn't as nice.
              Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

Just made these except I used a can of tuna (in brine) instead and chives from the garden. They were delicious, and so cheap! I served them with a small salad and some tomato chutney.

Comment

Originally posted by breadsauce View Post
                  Looks good - I'll give these a whirl! Some chopped cilantro and lime zest added perhaps?
                  I second the cilantro addition. I used to make "healthy" salmon cakes back pre-PB, but there were breadcrumbs in them. Also cilantro and water chestnuts, which added that artificial crunchiness.

Come to think of it, are water chestnuts considered primal?

Comment

I'm thinking these would taste awesome fried in bacon fat. I've got a can of salmon in the pantry; I think I'll try this for lunch.

Comment

For those who do not normally like salmon, this recipe may be for you. It was a turning point for me in my relationship with salmon. I added fresh dill and fresh parsley, which gave the cakes a "garden fresh" taste and smell. Delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by goodangels View Post
                        I'm thinking these would taste awesome fried in bacon fat. I've got a can of salmon in the pantry; I think I'll try this for lunch.
                        Okay, just had these for lunch with a side salad. Added a bit of coconut, as suggested by the others, some chili peppers, some parsley and fried them till crispy in bacon fat. OMG. Delish. Plan to eat these at least once a week. Once a batch is fried up, I can put them in fridge and reheat as needed. Wonder if they freeze okay?

Comment

Working...
                        X