What does corned beef taste like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does corned beef taste like?

My husband tells me corned beef is an acquired taste. I've never had it. Is it gross? I want to try making corned beef and cabbage, but don't want to risk throwing out something that's totally inedible.

Thanks!

It tastes like corned beef. You know, the way chocolate taste like chocolate. Go to a store, buy a small piece and try it. Taste is totally subjective. Something that you deem inedible maybe absolutely delicious to some else. In short, no one can answer questions of this nature.

Comment

Yeah pretty much what fortunata said... it tastes like corned beef.

Thats like asking what babies taste like. (Delicious).

Comment

Fresh, homemade corned beef and cabbage is delicious, very satisfying on a cold day.

DO NOT try the canned corned beef. My father showed me some he was eating last week and it looked like an off loaf of spam.

Comment

Corned beef is one of my favorite things to eat. It is full of flavor. It can be a little salty depending on who did the marinating process. I love chopped and fried up with onions and peppers with a fried egg on top. hmmmm

Comment

like pure deliciousness.
            The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Sounds worth trying - fresh, not canned. :-)

Comment

Canned corned beef? Never heard of such a thing!

Comment

Ah but you have heard of it: canned corned beef=SPAN. Hopefully, you have been fortunate enough to have never eaten it.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                    Canned corned beef? Never heard of such a thing!
                    Icky picture in the link!

http://lukehoney.typepad.com/the_gre...-beef-has.html

Yeah, I believe it basically is spam. Looks like it has more "texture" though.

Comment

I've only ever seen canned corned beef in this country! Can you make your own, from scratch? Please post any recipes and I'm off to google!

Comment

Maybe i is because I am part irish and born just outside of Boston but to hear of someone who has never had corned beef blows my mind. Corned beef is amazing. Only problem is I'll sit down and eat literally a 4 pound slab myself. Add in some cabbage, carrots, potatos and cover it with mustard......heaven.
                        "Live Free or Die"

Comment

I learned to eat ---or rather, I encountered---canned corned beef while in the service. I find nothing wrong with it. I prefer the "fresh" big brisket but the cans are a great thing for keeping in a cache in the woods or whatever. Sometimes, a can makes a great start for a breakfast, with a few sunny side up eggs, wilted greens, rich coffee with or without cream. Maybe my taste is plebian, but I just like it.

Sherissima: Try http://www.kitchenproject.com/histor...CornedBeef.htm
                          Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Originally posted by fortunata1 View Post
                            Ah but you have heard of it: canned corned beef=SPAN. Hopefully, you have been fortunate enough to have never eaten it.
                            Actually, Spam is canned pork product. Same kinda dealio as canned corned beef---just a different animal.
                            They BOTH suck, in my opinion.

But I DO really love corned beef with sauerkraut.

Comment

Originally posted by kalewoman View Post
                              My husband tells me corned beef is an acquired taste. I've never had it. Is it gross? I want to try making corned beef and cabbage, but don't want to risk throwing out something that's totally inedible.

Thanks!
                              can't stand corned beef. blech!

http://www.google.com/search?q=corne...ient=firefox-a

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Working...
                              X