Primal Pizza!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Pizza!!!

Let me just say WOW!!!! it was a little high in carbs for me but it was only 13.7G for 1/2 of a pizza and it was so good!!!
    I piled frank's marinara sauce, canned chicken, jalapeno's, black olives, tomatoes, green onion, mushrooms, motz cheese high on top a cauliflower crust and let me tell you it was sooooo delish!!! Not finger friendly due to the huge pile of primal goodness on it. I may try just cheese pizza next.

Cal:441
    Fat:24.5
    Carb:13.7
    Pro:23.2

Sounds good!! I find cauliflower hard to work with when making crusts.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

It came out good, could use a little more binder but not sure what would make it hold together more. maybe thicker?

Comment

Originally posted by marktripp View Post
        It came out good, could use a little more binder but not sure what would make it hold together more. maybe thicker?
        Maybe some coconut flour?

here's one I made months ago, with only cauliflower and eggs as crust.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...9/IMG_1442.jpg
        .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, I made pizza (or rather, meatza) using elk meat as the crust (http://lauraswritings.blogspot.com/2...lk-meatza.html). It was very good and held up well to hand-eating.
          Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Originally posted by tangentrider View Post
            A couple of weeks ago, I made pizza (or rather, meatza) using elk meat as the crust (http://lauraswritings.blogspot.com/2...lk-meatza.html). It was very good and held up well to hand-eating.
            You have got to be kidding me!!! I surfed you blog and the foods you have on that are crazy good looking!!!! My mouth is still watering!

Comment

Originally posted by marktripp View Post
              You have got to be kidding me!!! I surfed you blog and the foods you have on that are crazy good looking!!!! My mouth is still watering!
              Thanks. :-)
              Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Any suggestions on making the cauliflower crust? I've never attempted it before.
                Insert whitty diet remark here!

Comment

Its really easy just follow the instructions, I made 2 I used one later that night then used the other a day or 2 later. I think making it and using it might be the way to go in order to keep it as food friendly as possible. Also let the pizza cool, that helps.

Comment

What's the actual cauliflower crust recipe?

Comment

http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Ca...ts-Wow-in-Gold

I left out the fennel because I did not have it.

Comment

Thanks! Can riced cauliflower be found in a regular grocery store? If not can you just chop up cauliflower and cook it and have the same effect?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBanz View Post
                          Thanks! Can riced cauliflower be found in a regular grocery store? If not can you just chop up cauliflower and cook it and have the same effect?
                          I buy a bag of frozen cauliflower (Pictsweet), quickly steam it and pulse it in a food processor a few times. I tried grating it once and it was a pain. I suppose you could chop it up very fine, it'd just take some time.

I end up using one bag of the frozen cauliflower (5 cups) with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. I'm not sure if there's a non-dairy cauliflower crust option for those who don't eat cheese here though.

Comment

So I take it that its almost like a mashed potoato consistency when you're done?

Comment

Pretty much, yes.

I usually just use a spoon to scoop then spread them into circles on the parchment paper.

Comment

Working...
                              X