Anyone drink almond milk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone drink almond milk?

I tend to shy away from milk because of the 12g per cup and try to consume 50g or under daily. I found almond milk has fewer carbs than regular milk and wondered what you guys thought of the taste.
    Insert whitty diet remark here!

I use the Blue Diamond brand unsweetend vanilla Almond breeze milk...not sure how primal it is im newer to this lifestyle but it seems pretty legit. Heres a link to the nutrition facts http://store.bluediamond.com/Almond-...ened_p_38.html it tastes good...the color is darker then milk which was alittle strange at first. I can drink it plain no problem but I LOVE it mixed with protien powder, unsweetend coconut milk and if you can spare the carbs for the day a little chunk of banana...its kinds like a pina colata LOL! It works pretty well since its dairy and soy free! Enjoy!...oh and sorry if people smack it down if it ends up not being very primal...i tried

Comment

Originally posted by dcoffill View Post
      I use the Blue Diamond brand unsweetend vanilla Almond breeze milk...not sure how primal it is im newer to this lifestyle but it seems pretty legit. Heres a link to the nutrition facts http://store.bluediamond.com/Almond-...ened_p_38.html it tastes good...the color is darker then milk which was alittle strange at first. I can drink it plain no problem but I LOVE it mixed with protien powder, unsweetend coconut milk and if you can spare the carbs for the day a little chunk of banana...its kinds like a pina colata LOL! It works pretty well since its dairy and soy free! Enjoy!...oh and sorry if people smack it down if it ends up not being very primal...i tried
      It has tapioca, which is a no-no to be quite honest!

Comment

I am really tempted but I wasn't sure about the tapioca starch in it.

Comment

What's wrong with tapioca starch?

Comment

I have been drinking it too (same brand too) for a couple of years. I don't use a lot of it, but I have made a couple protein shakes with it for quick meals. Will keep watching thread to learn about tapioca. Thanks
            My journal

Comment

Never had it, but I like rice milk.
              .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I use coconut milk ....but I'm not a milk drinker so it is only for a protein shake here or a swig there... nothing serious
                sigpic

Comment

I may have to try coconut milk! I'm currently using heavy whipping cream and water for my protein.

Comment

I had a feeling the tapioca starch would cause a stir LOL! However I think I can live with the 4 carbs from the maybe 2 cups of almond milk i drink though out the week! I guess Ill just consider it my BIG cheat for the week! Good luck in your quest for a primal alternative!

Comment

I sometimes drank the blue diamond unsweetened almond milk, Im no expert on how "primal" it is..Im guess its not..but since Ive found coconut milk it just doesn't compare anymore.
                      The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBanz View Post
                        I may have to try coconut milk! I'm currently using heavy whipping cream and water for my protein.

I usually use a mix of coconut milk/water (50/50) when I'm going to use it for a shake to keep a fluidity that I like but coming from Heavy whipping cream you may like a thicker consistency...
                        sigpic

Comment

Another vote for this brand.....however I use the original unsweetended in my smoothies. That way I can taste the flavour of the other ingredients I throw in.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatkid View Post
                            I usually use a mix of coconut milk/water (50/50) when I'm going to use it for a shake to keep a fluidity that I like but coming from Heavy whipping cream you may like a thicker consistency...
                            I'm only using heavy whipping cream with water(50/50) to make it creamier and give it a better flavor. Just water is nasty with any protein. I'm going grocery shopping tonight and I'm going to look for some.

Comment

Well I decided to give the blue diamond a shot. 2g of carbs in an 8oz glass isn't going to kill me. Should be great with my protein!

Comment

Working...
                              X