Ground Beef Recipes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Beef Recipes?

Since going primal ground beef seems to be the thing we eat the most of since it's cheap for grass-fed and easy to prepare for the family. But, I am SO bored with my recipes. I basically keep rotating chili, taco meat (taco salad for me, tacos for everyone else), and meat sauce with zucchini pasta. I have no idea what else to use it for. I used to do dirty rice or rice and beef stuffed peppers or beefy mac and cheese....well, you know. I'm having trouble coming up with other uses for it that are primal and that I can stretch 1 lb to feed the 4 of us.
    Any recipes would be much appreciated! TIA.

my favorite ground beef recipe is: ground beef, olive oil, a small amount of heavy cream, onions, 2 eggs and a boatload of seasoning - cinnamon is the most used (I know, some people think cinnamon in meat is weird, but im addicted to cinnamon, I put it on everything..and every single person who has tried this that i've cooked it for has loved it..cinnamon and all!), garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper...sometimes I add parmesan cheese..depends on my mood. brown the beef first in cinnamon and oil...then add the onions..let cook for a few minutes, then add the heavy cream let it simmer...then add the eggs...I season as I go..adding this and that as I feel needed. (you could probably sub the heavy cream for coconut milk if you don't do dairy...I may just try that next time as well)
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Lettuce wrap burgers (add bacon and homemade mayo, YUM)
      Meatza
      Meatloaf (use Parmesan or almond flour as a binder...check out cajun meatloaf recipe for a kick...just adjust ingredients to make it primal)
      Bunless patty melts (burgers, sauteed onions, homemade gravy or melted cheese)
      Erin
      Daily Vlogs
      Primal Pets Blog

Comment

primal double downs!

sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Oh i am loving that burger.

I eat a ton of burgers too. Just use knife and fork.
          Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

Meatza, curry (believe it or not, it actually works in a quick curry), and zucchini lasagna. I've heard rumors of people making a primal skillet meal with ground beast, zucchetti, veggies, cheese, stock, butter, and spices, but I've never actually tried it.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

Thai coconut curry with ground beef is awesome and is now in frequent rotation at my house. My recipe
              My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
              On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

I am making some kind of curry right now myself. Ground beef, chopped green pepper and onion, green beans, carrots. Cooked in coconut milk, coconut oil and chicken stock with whatever vaguely appropriate spices I had on hand... cumin, coriander, ginger, red pepper flakes and curry powder. Hopefully it works out.

Comment

sheppards pie
                  ground beef topped with mashed cauliflower and cheese in a casserole dish
                  sigpic

Comment

All the ideas are great, thank you!

SheGlowsPale, I'm definitely going to make your recipe some night when my husband isn't home. I'm sure my girls and I would love it but he hates eggs. It sounds so good though, I love cinnamon.

The curry sounds good too. I love any recipe that I can add whatever i have on hand to.

Now, I just have to figure out how to serve one of Batty's primal double downs to two year olds! I'm sure they would find a way to attack it.

Comment

One of our favorites around here is to make blue cheese and butter stuffed hamburgers (no buns!) with saute'd onions, mushrooms and bacon. You could still do stuffed peppers but with out the rice, maybe use minced vegg instead? I think there is a recipe on the forum....

I gotta try that primal double down!!!
                      Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
                      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                      Re-Start date 6/23/2011
                      me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
                      273.4/269.3/115
                      Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

This is something I do at work...

'Kitchen Sink' soup with ground beef.

Basically, on Sunday I chop every veggie and leafy green I have into small bits. This all goes into a large container that I take to work, along with broth, and a concoction of spices and a source of meat that is already cooked and tossed in a container (fish, chicken, turkey, ground beef etc.)

At lunch time, I toss in about 5 handfuls of veggies, add broth, water and spices and then toss in the meat. In this case since it is a thread about ground beef, I toss in the beef that I already fried with spices, sausage and onions.

The whole thing goes in the microwave for about 5-7 minutes.(I don't often cook with the microwave, but I am on the hunt for a decent hot plate).

I stir the mix, let it sit for a while and then enjoy a big soup that is full of veggies and meat with minimal work while at the office!

You may also want to check out my fatty Friday creations because it works well with some ground beef.

http://karlmacphee.com/2010/06/04/in...us-roast-eggs/

I think Batty wins with the Primal Double Down! That will be my Fatty Friday meal for sure!

Comment

I just made a Baked "Spaghetti" Bolognese using spaghetti squash as the "spaghetti" and the ground beef in the meat sauce. Delicious.

sigpic
                          www.pantrybites.com
                          Real Good Primal Food

Comment

How do you feel about this beef stroganoff recipe?

6 Tbsp butter
                            1 pound of top sirloin or tenderloin, (I may do ground beef)
                            1/3 cup chopped shallots (can substitute onions)
                            1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
                            Salt to taste
                            Pepper to taste
                            1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
                            1/2 teaspoon of dry tarragon or 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh tarragon
                            1 cup of sour cream at room temperature (may try heavy cream or half cream half sour cream)

Could do it over cauliflower rice but I'll probably eat it straight up.
                            "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Originally posted by Annika View Post
                              Thai coconut curry with ground beef is awesome and is now in frequent rotation at my house. My recipe
                              Thanks for this recipe---I made this last night and it was so satisfying. I jack mine up with Penzey's Vindaloo & Sate spices but other than that i followed your recipe to the letter, even adding the lime & cilantro. and i was lazy and threw the beef in raw as well. requires a bit more hacking with a spatula to break it up but better than another dirty pan.

Comment

Working...
                              X