Primal Buffalo Wings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Buffalo Wings

Any ideas people? I was thinking about leaving the skin on and baking them instead of deep frying them. Thats how alton brown makes them. The sauce is hot sauce and butter. Thats primal right?

I grill them naked on the barbecue and then toss in hot sauce...

Comment

Baked in the oven. Hot sauce, and butter.

Nothing better.

Comment

I like them on the grill, w/ olive oil, salt and pepper rubbed on them (to crisp the skin and add flavor)--take them off when they are really crispy, and then do a blend of hot sauce and ghee for dipping (I'd use butter if we could handle it here.) Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
        My Before/After Pics
        Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Broiler works too. Again--MMMMMMMMMMM! I can find organic, free range chicken legs and use these typically in place of wings w/ the ghee and hot sauce (we have something called "Frank's Red Hot" here that rocks) and they taste awesome--like super meaty wings.
          My Before/After Pics
          Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Oh yeah... Frank's Red Hot with a stick of butter, chile powder, and some cayenne for heat simmered on the stove...

Comment

http://boundtoearth.wordpress.com/tag/chicken-wings/
              My favorite way to do them Hubby thinks they're fantastic, in fact I just made a huge batch on Sunday for him to eat through the week.
              You are what you eat,
              and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

i smear em in bacon fat an bake at 400, when they are almost done i brush in hotsauce and butter, top with garlic and ramano cheese

up the heat if they arent crispy enough
                sigpic

Comment

Yes to the oven and Frank's Red Hot + butter.

Comment

I have always baked mine (at about 450 ish). Frying them is too much work. lol
                    ~Sandy

Comment

totally primal!!!
                      I love hot wings!!
                      try coating them in a mixture of hot sauce, butter, and almond butter! it is great! i would give you measurements but i go by taste :-/

Comment

I tried MeatMe216's method of rubbing the wings with bacon grease before baking and they were possibly the best wings I've ever had. The only difference is I tossed mine in Franks and butter with a ton of fresh chopped garlic.

Comment

I do it this way and I LOVE them: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...ipe/index.html

I don't follow that recipe for the sauce exactly, I just throw together roughly equal amounts of melted Kerrygold butter and Frank's Red Hot. Last time I added a little sprinkle of garlic powder (inspired by the recipe I linked) and it was even better.
                          "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I cut up the wings (drumette and other part) and freeze the tips for use in making stock. Bake at 425 until nice and crispy and toss with a mixture of melted butter and Frank's Hot Sauce. Will have to try some of these other variations (esp. the one with the bacon fat).
                            312/149/150

Comment

Originally posted by hannahc View Post
                              http://boundtoearth.wordpress.com/tag/chicken-wings/
                              My favorite way to do them Hubby thinks they're fantastic, in fact I just made a huge batch on Sunday for him to eat through the week.
                              +1

I made these and they were fantastic. Although I would probably eat the entire batch in one sitting......
                              Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

Working...
                              X