Food Processor Suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Processor Suggestions?

I love trying out all the new primal recipes, but I think I have finally realized I need a decent food processor. I have an electric chopper but it's tiny so some things take quite awhile.

Any suggestions on models that you love?
    www.dontcallmesugar.wordpress.com

Originally posted by SK1 View Post
    I love trying out all the new primal recipes, but I think I have finally realized I need a decent food processor. I have an electric chopper but it's tiny so some things take quite awhile.

Any suggestions on models that you love?
    I currently have a 7 Cup Cuisinart food processor. It is amazing and I can't believe that I went so long without one. I would recommend Cuisinart. Go for the 11 Cup food processor. It'll be the next step for me and it will take care of any mixing/blending/chopping job you need.

Comment

I have a Cuisinart Smart power duet. It's a blender/ food processor combination. Same base, different attachments. Saves space in my cupboard, works equally as well with both attachments. It also came with a grater attachment. I love the thing.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Yes, you do need a food processor. I use mine nearly daily.

I have the Cuisinart 14c and wouldn't go any smaller doing meals for 4 and sometimes more. I often wish i had the 20c version but that's $700-$1k iirc

I've been through kitchenaid and other less expensive options. Don't bother. For this, get a cuisinart.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I've got a kitchenaid 12cup food processor. Ultra heavy duty with a powerful motor. Quiet as all get up too. Highly recommended by myself.
          I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I've got one of those combo blender food processors. I think its kitchen aid. And its at costco right now. It might be like a 4 cup. Works for my little fam perfectly. Oh and it was like $24 i think.
            Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

Oh wait its Cuisinart

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CSB-.../dp/B0006G3JRO
              Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

Yep - Cuisinart 14 cup.

Ours is a few years old, but I think this is the current version:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-...6548730&sr=1-6

Weighs a LOT more then you think it will - big motor!! argh argh argh!!! (Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor grunt)
                Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

Comment

Weighs a LOT more then you think it will - big motor!! argh argh argh!!!
                  It is MUCH heavier than it looks, ITA.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Mine weighs about 25lbs and it's all motor! RAWR!!!
                    I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I have a 15 y/o cuisinart... works like a dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Lovestoclimb View Post
                        I've got a kitchenaid 12cup food processor. Ultra heavy duty with a powerful motor. Quiet as all get up too. Highly recommended by myself.
                        +1, just received ours last week, it rocks!
                        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoSteve View Post
                          Yep - Cuisinart 14 cup.

Ours is a few years old, but I think this is the current version:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-...6548730&sr=1-6
                          Have this one too, love it. Its about 7 yrs old, been through all sorts of my 'projects' and not a problem.
                          Erin
                          Daily Vlogs
                          Primal Pets Blog

Comment

I agree with the Cuisinart (horse machines!), but I actually prefer the 11 cup size bowl. It is ideal to cook for two, and gives plenty of room to fit fruits and veggies as needed.
                            There are several other reasons why I prefer the Cuisinart Prep 11 plus. Check it out here if interested in further details. I hope I convinced you

Comment

Working...
                            X