coconut milk ice cream- 3 ingredients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coconut milk ice cream- 3 ingredients

here is a recipe for a really tasty honey sweetened ice cream.. today is my birthday, so i figure i can have a little treat!
    http://eatthecookie.wordpress.com/20...ilk-ice-cream/

Happy Birthday! I think I will try this recipe soon too, sounds delicous, coconut and vanilla!

Comment

I've got a coconut milk ice cream recipe using bananas and a little bit of stevia as a sweetener. Using full fat coconut milk results in a creamier texture.
      sigpic
      www.pantrybites.com
      Real Good Primal Food

Comment

Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one!

Yeah, that coconut milk ice cream sounds absolutely divine. It reminds me a lot of that Haagen Dazs FIVE ice cream that just includes five basic ingredients. No dyes, no fuss, no muss. I'll certainly have to try it whenever I get a free moment. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

thanks for the birthday wishes!
          mmm.. banana sounds like a great idea!

Comment

this makes me wonder... for those of us who are cool with dairy, is there any reason why homemade heavy cream icecream with minimal sweeteners or artificial sweeteners can't be a sensible indulgence? I know most recipes call for a ton of sugar, but it's the rich creaminess that makes it so good. I've never tried stevia and don't use artificial sweeteners, but I'd probably make an exception to get a nice pint or two of the good stuff every now and then. Would artificial sweeteners be the only downside if everything else was high end and primal?

Comment

Thanks for the recipe, we are going to give coconut ice cream another try this weekend. I think I may be adding eggs into the recipe to create a richer texture though.
              You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

[QUOTE=mdlaw;138050]this makes me wonder... for those of us who are cool with dairy, is there any reason why homemade heavy cream icecream with minimal sweeteners or artificial sweeteners can't be a sensible indulgence?

I don't think so at all. I indulge in it every now and again, and have no qualms about making coconut milk or heavy cream ice cream as well sweetened with berries and a bit of Stevia. Enjoy life!
                www.dontcallmesugar.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                X