No announcement yet.

coconut flour pizza crust- yes, primal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coconut flour pizza crust- yes, primal.

i've seen a few readers in need of a good primal pizza crust recipe. it is coconut flour based, using minimal ingredients. no weird stuff, no sugar... just real food.
    i just recently posted it on my blog, and i thought i would share it with all of you!

http://eatthecookie.wordpress.com/20...d-you-so-much/

Thrilled there is a dairy free version! Thanks for sharing!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Im gonna try this next, i wasnt a huge fan of meatza
      sigpic

Comment

yeah, the idea of meatza makes my tummy ache. some swear by it, but for me, i just think it's too much..

Comment

it tasted more like a pizza burger than pizza
          sigpic

Comment

Mmmm.....stolen this recipe to try.

I admit, that I miss pizza, but LOVE a cracker crust vs a doughy squishy one. Does it crisp up?
            SW: 235
            CW:220
            Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
            Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
            Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
            Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

is it sweet? I made the almond crust posted a few weeks back & it was to sweet
              "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

no, it's not sweet. it has some really awesome flavor, but i wouldn't call it sweet at all. you know how honey wheat bread is slightly sweet, but is can be savory, too? that's kinda the idea here. it tastes really good. that's all i can say. you should make it as is, and adjust spices as you wish.

yes, it does crisp up. but again, this will not be doughy like gluten will. so it will crisp, mostly around the edges, but may get slightly moist in the center. be careful when saucing and topping not to overload the middle with wet stuff and heavy toppings- just as you usually would.

Comment

Will definately have to try this. I tend to like a thin crust anyway. After experimenting with cocnut flour I am excited about the possibilites.

Comment

This looks good. I'm too busy lately to make a pizza and I am definitely going to do a meatza, but has anyone tossed a tablespoon of yeast in one these primal crusts. A warm yeasty aroma is part of what makes a good pizza, imo.

Comment

I cannot wait to try this. Also, your blog is pretty awesome. I am going to experiment with some of your cookie recipes and cut a bit of the sugar - I'll let you know how it turns out.
                      www.dontcallmesugar.wordpress.com

Comment

cookie, your website looks great. I will have to try the waffle recipe (as pancakes, no waffle iron) this weekend!

Comment

thank you for saying so! please let me know of your success with cutting some sugar out!
                          often, i use way less sweetner than the recipe says, just because most "normal" people like a little extra sweetness. let us know how the pizza turns out!

Comment

egoldstein: the waffle recipe works really nicely as pancakes. i like to sprinkle frozen blueberries on top of the batter just before i flip them. don't forget to fry up some bacon.
                            yumz.

Comment

That looks really, really good!!

Comment

Working...
                              X