Veins in Arms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veins in Arms

I've been able to see the veins in my arms for quite a while. Sometimes they are more prominent, though. I don't know exactly why. I think some of the factors are how much I've eaten, how hungry I am, how hot or cold I am, and the position of my arms. I just find them very interesting. Anyone else have any kind of input on this?

Couldn't tell you why it happens, but it's pretty common for me now that my body fat is getting lower. Mostly the hands, feet and arms. Right now they're really sticking out on my hands and feet. Happens mostly when the body seems to be really needing to move a lot of blood for whatever reason. I think I read somewhere that it's a way the body cools itself too.

Comment

I'm very vein-y too - it's highly visible on many parts of my body but most noticeably my right hand

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

oh yeah, I've always been fascinated by my veins. sometimes they are so prominent in my wrists and inside my palms.. weird. That sort of blue-ish colour... perhaps I am royal.... blue blood you know

Comment

for me its always been a response to exercise. always been big on running, so you can usually even see the vein outlines through my socks haha
          sigpic

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
          Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
          With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
          Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
          MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

Still waiting for mine to really pop, well not really pop - but to stand out more. When in high school and on the swim team, with regular weight training, they were very prominent, in my relaxed (see sedentary) adultish life, not so much but I am slowly getting them back. I agree, they show more in response to exercise or increased blood flow, and I kind of fancy them as a badge of good health, for me personally anyway. I am hoping they show up on my biceps with further weight training. They are fascinating though, if you have them and they show, then good on you, to me that says you are doing something right...
            Tim

Comment

When its hot they tend to dialate, to cool down, and shrink when its cold. If you get really hot your veins tend to bulge out.
              My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

I have observed the same thing. I just attributed it to the dramatic loss of body fat and water retention due to a lower-carb diet. That and high-intensity exercise. I have noted that the appearance does change throughout the day or week though. I like it though!

Comment

I have veins everywhere, especially now that I am getting leaner.
                  .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Mine are very prominent. I'm a nursing student's wet dream for drawing blood.
                    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                      Mine are very prominent. I'm a nursing student's wet dream for drawing blood.
                      Haha, that's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. The other day I was at my friend's house whose sister is a nurse, and she looked at my arms and said, "If only they all were that easy." Feels good.

Comment

My kids are totally grossed out by the huge veins in my arms and hands. Definitely more prominent in hot weather.

Comment

I want that bicep vein so bad
                          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Primalchild View Post
                            I want that bicep vein so bad
                            I don't have them yet, but i hope i do as i get leaner. It's slow though

Comment

My trainer and I were just talking about this. A lot of it has to do with the potassium in your food (there is actually more in beef than in the old standard banana) and sodium. Keep your potassium levels high and sodium low and your vascularity will improve. A lot of it is genetics, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X