Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever just had a really really bad day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever just had a really really bad day?

I'm really having a bad day. It's one of those if it can go wrong, it will go wrong kind of days.

Let me spare you my sob story. Please tell me your sob story. Maybe it's worse than mine and I'll feel grateful that at least I'm not you.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Definitely not rehashing my bad moments, look forward not backwards. But as bad as you think you have it, know that their is always someone worst off than you that wishes they had your problems

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with Denny. I've had about 3 months of bad days. I keep trying to look forward.

Sent from an arrow to the chest.
      "Message for you sir."
      I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

I'm sure I've had days where bad things happened to me but I honestly can't remember the details and I prefer it that way. I know it was mostly high school and I'm still trying to blot out the memories. That was a bad time... however, I've also had days where I wished destruction on the world. That mostly coincided with my cycle. XD Good times?
        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Well, it's not a bad day like people dying or anything like that. It's like if something could have gone wrong today, it did. For example:

1. Truck broke down coming down the 405 to the 101 in LA during Friday afternoon traffic. Not so bad because I did get off the freeway and managed to drive myself to a mechanic. You can go far without using the brakes if you have a stick shift.

2. The repairs will cost pretty much what my truck is worth. It's okay because I can afford it even if I'm being ripped off, which I am never quite sure if I am. I got lucky because the mechanic had a 5 star yelp review and was nice enough to drive me to a hotel so at least there's a silver lining there.

3. He drove me to a hotel because I went to LA without my driver's license. I guess it fell out somewhere at home because when I got here I did not have it. Without a driver's license I couldn't rent a car.

4. Turns out without a driver's license you can't get a hotel room either. Not even with cash. It's okay because I can call my boyfriend and ask him to come get me.

5. But he wasn't answering the phone. Well, it's okay because I have a computer so maybe I can find some wifi and find a place to couch surf or something. Except I can't find anywhere with food and wifi and I'm really hungry because they served pizza for lunch and so I didn't have any lunch.

6. But it's okay because I finally found some wifi and I finally reached my boyfriend who will come get me a hotel room and hang out with me while I wait for my truck to get fixed.

7. And then I'll pay with as much cash as I can get out of the ATM because my credit card has a really small limit and I've already used some, so I don't have enough credit for full cost of the repairs.

I feel like a poor person today. It's like being homeless and having foreign money you can't use. It's like being an unwanted nobody. I was actually thinking I'd have to sit in a coffeehouse until it closed, then find a bar until it closed and then go freeze to death in some park without a jacket for 4 hours until I could go back to the coffeehouse. But I'll be okay so long as the boyfriend's car doesn't break down on the way here. Wherever the heck I am.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
            Well, it's not a bad day like people dying or anything like that. It's like if something could have gone wrong today, it did. For example:

1. Truck broke down coming down the 405 to the 101 in LA during Friday afternoon traffic. Not so bad because I did get off the freeway and managed to drive myself to a mechanic. You can go far without using the brakes if you have a stick shift.

2. The repairs will cost pretty much what my truck is worth. It's okay because I can afford it even if I'm being ripped off, which I am never quite sure if I am. I got lucky because the mechanic had a 5 star yelp review and was nice enough to drive me to a hotel so at least there's a silver lining there.

3. He drove me to a hotel because I went to LA without my driver's license. I guess it fell out somewhere at home because when I got here I did not have it. Without a driver's license I couldn't rent a car.

4. Turns out without a driver's license you can't get a hotel room either. Not even with cash. It's okay because I can call my boyfriend and ask him to come get me.

5. But he wasn't answering the phone. Well, it's okay because I have a computer so maybe I can find some wifi and find a place to couch surf or something. Except I can't find anywhere with food and wifi and I'm really hungry because they served pizza for lunch and so I didn't have any lunch.

6. But it's okay because I finally found some wifi and I finally reached my boyfriend who will come get me a hotel room and hang out with me while I wait for my truck to get fixed.

7. And then I'll pay with as much cash as I can get out of the ATM because my credit card has a really small limit and I've already used some, so I don't have enough credit for full cost of the repairs.

I feel like a poor person today. It's like being homeless and having foreign money you can't use. It's like being an unwanted nobody. I was actually thinking I'd have to sit in a coffeehouse until it closed, then find a bar until it closed and then go freeze to death in some park without a jacket for 4 hours until I could go back to the coffeehouse. But I'll be okay so long as the boyfriend's car doesn't break down on the way here. Wherever the heck I am.
            Um, excuse me ma'am, you could've called me. In fact, you still can. You ok now? Let me know. I will not feel put out or anything! Yes, I have bad days all the time. But I live on Southern California where the beach is a 3 minutes ride away. How could I possibly focus on the negative while this close to the beautiful ocean? This is what I tell myself and it makes me smile. Anyway, call me if you need ANYTHING!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Ugh, I hate car trouble especially out of town and in a big city, like LA. That really sucks.

My mini bad day is that my spellcheck isn't working. I asked my IT guy (my son) and he couldn't make it work either. Of all the times for it to happen this isn't a good time, I'm working on a resume and filling out an application online.
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Sorry to hear you are having a bad day. Remind yourself that health is wealth, that is how I maintain perspective on days when I wish I had never got out of bed!

Comment

I am just a teenager, and I can understand.
                  I sometimes have rough days, but I always tell me self I can always go through it, just like the previous rough days I have went through. Or that it's just destiny, and it needed to happen, maybe to be prepare and overcome something more dramatic in the near future.

Comment

BananaGuy has a point. Life is a series of things that go wrong and go right. We've all had days where the whole world seems to conspire against us. Then again, we've had those days where everything goes right. And each of those days brings something into our life that makes it what it is. From the one, we gain valuable lessons, from the other we get rewards beyond what we feel entitled to. But both are necessary and have a purpose, and as long as you can remember that while in the midst of seeming chaos, you'll be able to take it all on. In the meantime, I send you a virtual hug and you can bet, it's a good strong one.

Comment

I don't have bad days, I have days filled with challenges that I defeat.

When I was a paramedic, I have worked 3 back-to-back cardiac arrest. I have worked a 12 hour shift where I ran on 6 suicide attempts and one successful one.

I have seen children begging in the rain in Nigeria and people without legs dragging themselves down the side of the road in Egypt.

Not so long ago, having your crops die, drought, working from sunrise to sunset, was part of life but would be devastating to most Americans now who circle the parking lots to get a parking space 3 spaces closer than the one they passed up.

It is all a matter of perspective. What is behind me is behind me and there is nothing I can do change what has been done. I can only move forward and knockdown the challenges that come up before me.

FIDO F#ck It, Drive On
                      Randal
                      AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                      Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                      http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                        I don't have bad days, I have days filled with challenges that I defeat.
                        (...)
                        FIDO F#ck It, Drive On
                        +1. Sorry you had a really bad day (that really sounded like it sucked, especially the driver's license/hotel part).

I once asked my friend who talked about the craziest and worst circumstances how he managed to keep the easiest demeanor in spite of a bunch of crap happening to him. He just cracked up and said, "because I know it could be SO, SO, SO much worse."

I've been through a decent amount of shit for someone my age (a shit ton of racism when I first came here and to a lesser extent daily, dragged in and out of immigration courts as a kid in the wake of post-9/11 govt paranoia, ethnic violence in Xinjiang, random stuff in college/HS/MS...) but what really offers me the most perspective is the plight of my extended family members and of other Chinese people around the globe. When I came to the United States, I didn't know we were dirt poor by American standards because it was SOOOOOO much better standard of living-wise than what I was used to back home. When we got our first car, this really beaten up Mazda, our whole family posed an hour for pictures in front of it because we thought we MADE IT: the American Dream, and sent pictures to everyone back home. Everyone back home was ecstatic for us. The funny thing is...my parents were very highly educated for their generation (they both had masters, getting PhD here in USA when only 4% of their peers went to college) but we were still that worse off in China compared to the USA.

I was lucky. A lot of girls of my generation are not here with us today because they were killed in the womb through ghetto methods or just abandoned upon birth in light of the One Child Policy. A lot of those surviving children (who are around my age: 20-30ish) were orphaned, put into the sex trade, etc. A lot of my childhood friends are not here with us today because they died when my hometown Urumqi splashed the pages of international news with ethnic bloodshed between the Uyghurs and the Hans. A lot of my extended family still live in the slums of Beijing, in century-old housings (no toilets inside the homes) that have never been repaired since the "downfall" of our family aristocracy (we were aristocrats on both sides before the Commie revolution).

Today, I consider myself very, very, very lucky in light of all that has happened to other kids of my generation, to my hometown friends, to my extended family. I still sleep very soundly on the floor, without any padding, because I grew up sleeping on flats of mud. I try my best to keep all of this in mind when I whine, and a running list of people I need to help in back in China once I do "succeed" in life.

I guess it makes it all a bit easier knowing that I'm not that unlucky, even if I'm having a day where a seemingly endless of unlucky events happened to me.
                        Last edited by TQP; 09-20-2014, 05:04 AM.
                        JOURNAL..
                        @BabesWithBBQ.
                        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                        Professional Style Website.
                        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

I was lucky. A lot of girls of my generation are not here with us today because they were killed in the womb through ghetto methods or just abandoned upon birth in light of the One Child Policy. A lot of those surviving children (who are around my age: 20-30ish) were orphaned, put into the sex trade, etc. A lot of my childhood friends are not here with us today because they died when my hometown Urumqi splashed the pages of international news with ethnic bloodshed between the Uyghurs and the Hans. A lot of my extended family still live in the slums of Beijing, in century-old housings (no toilets inside the homes) that have never been repaired since the "downfall" of our family aristocracy (we were aristocrats on both sides before the Commie revolution).
                          This made me shudder and feel like an asshole for cursing my overflowing coffee maker this morning. Or ever bitching about anything. Life for women sucks in way too many places.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Have you ever just had a really really bad day?

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                            This made me shudder and feel like an asshole for cursing my overflowing coffee maker this morning. Or ever bitching about anything. Life for women sucks in way too many places.
                            Yeah. I wish we as a society would focus more on those real issues: sex trade, girls being abandoned because they are an economic burden (compared to boys), etc rather than posting on mda about how you don't need a man because you have a vibrator. Feminism has fallen so far from the original goals of empowering women everywhere. It now focuses on the small shit that don't matter in this country rather than improving conditions elsewhere.
                            JOURNAL..
                            @BabesWithBBQ.
                            Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                            Professional Style Website.
                            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

It's a rarity that I have a good day anymore. Yeah that's it, play your violins for me..
                              When I put my comfortable life in perspective, it makes me feel worse for being so complacent. Woe is me and all that shit..

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X