Using Coconut Oil as Lotion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it!

I love how it feels on my skin - so light! My skin is so soft and smooth, not greasy, and I even noticed my blond little arm hairs glistening in the evening sunlight. Now that I've used coconut oil, I'll never go back!

So I figure I've had quite the primal evening.... shovel glove work out, shower, coconut oil rub down, then liver and onions with a side salad for dinner.

damn its good to be primal
    A goal without a plan is just a wish.

Comment

Coconut oil has many uses as many of you will know. Coconut oil is very high in lauric acid which is antimicrobial and I would thoroughly recommend (if you want to learn more about this) reading 'The Coconut Oil Miracle' by Bruce Fife, CN, ND.
      'Studies have shown that this uniquely curative oil actually has innumerable health benefits, ranging from disease prevention to anti-aging. Coconut oil helps protect against heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and many other degenerative diseases.
      Strenghens the immune system and improve digestion.'
      The book goes into heaps of technical detail about the oil and the history of use and how trans fats and vegetable oils took over in the 1930s to be part of our diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
        damn its good to be primal
        This is how I feel most of the time. And lucky. Now to workout more.
        Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

Oh, by the way...if you someone you know and care (a lot) about has really tired, sore feet from a lot of standing, give them a foot massage---start with ice cubes, then towel off their feet and repeat the massage with coconut oil. You will have them purring like a big kitten.

Then you can go on to massage other places ;-)

Comment

Then you can go on to massage other places ;-)
            *blink blink*

*blink blink*
            Last edited by cillakat; 06-05-2010, 02:51 AM. Reason: formatting

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

...at least, that's what usually seems to happen

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                ...at least, that's what usually seems to happen

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

This thread just gets better and better :P

Comment

I recently started the OCM but am currently using EVOO. Anyone try the OCM with coconut oil?

Comment

Working...
                    X