Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and it's delicious

Comment

I think CO is way too expensive to use as a lotion. It's a waste. if you eat it, your skin most likely will improve anyways.
      .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

RPHSLV - did you check the website I posted, cosmetic grade is MUCH cheaper. $12 for 5lbs of it, or you can get the organic virgin stuff for $6.50/16fl oz
        SW: 235
        CW:220
        Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
        Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
        Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
        Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Originally posted by elorajade View Post
          RPHSLV - did you check the website I posted, cosmetic grade is MUCH cheaper. $12 for 5lbs of it, or you can get the organic virgin stuff for $6.50/16fl oz
          Can you eat it??

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Cake View Post
            Nope, never heard of that. Personal lubrication has never really been an issue with me and my partners as I take the time to prime the pump, so to speak, prior to churning the butter. *cocks head sideways and goes hypoxic in brain for a moment*

Oh hun, just wait till you're older. Or your partners are older I should say. The mind is ALWAYS willing, but the body can be slow in catching up, no matter how much churning of the butter is happening. Also, there are these little things called children, who happen to know *just* when there is some funny stuff going on, so beleive me when I tell you that there isn't always time to get the engine revving. It's more like wham bam thank you man.

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
              Can you eat it??
              It's cosmetic grade, I don't think I would. I use organic coconut oil in my own soap making, but I also have organic food quality stuff that I eat. You could always contact them though, they'd be able to tell you for sure.

Comment

I think CO is way too expensive to use as a lotion. It's a waste. if you eat it, your skin most likely will improve anyways.
                I originally started using CO on my skin because it was CHEAPER than the lotion I was using. I get the 365 brand from Whole Paycheck; it's 14 oz for about $5.99. Half of that stays in the kitchen for cooking, half goes to the bathroom for moisturizing. 7 oz of the stuff lasts about three weeks for me, so it's a real bargain, and is a lot better for me than god-knows-what in those cheap crappy lotions. Plus, I feel like I'm in Hawaii every morning when I put it on

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                  I originally started using CO on my skin because it was CHEAPER than the lotion I was using. I get the 365 brand from Whole Paycheck; it's 14 oz for about $5.99. Half of that stays in the kitchen for cooking, half goes to the bathroom for moisturizing. 7 oz of the stuff lasts about three weeks for me, so it's a real bargain, and is a lot better for me than god-knows-what in those cheap crappy lotions. Plus, I feel like I'm in Hawaii every morning when I put it on
                  Wow I have to check that out. Is it extra virgin cold pressed?

Comment

It's virgin, unrefined, expeller pressed, per the jar. I really don't know if there IS an extra-virgin coconut oil---never seen it.
                    It has a nice light coconut scent...yum. I think you'll like it; it's my fave so far

Comment

I stopped using lotion on my body months ago and only use CO now. I find it much cheaper than lotion - a little CO goes a long way. I keep some in a small jar in the bathroom and put in on the floor of the tub while I shower. The hot water makes it partially melt so it's easier to apply. I also carry a 1-oz bottle (an old salve jar) in my purse. I don't use it on my face because it feels too greasy. It's great on hair: a tiny bits on the very ends, or a larger amount on most of the length a little while before I wash my hair.
                      My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
                      On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                        It's virgin, unrefined, expeller pressed, per the jar. I really don't know if there IS an extra-virgin coconut oil---never seen it.
                        It has a nice light coconut scent...yum. I think you'll like it; it's my fave so far
                        I go to WF all the time and I've never seen it. Hahaha I never even looked for it... but thanks! If I do find it, I'm going to be eating it by the cup.

Comment

I go to WF all the time and I've never seen it. Hahaha I never even looked for it... but thanks! If I do find it, I'm going to be eating it by the cup.
                          Look in the aisle that has the specialty cooking oils (near the walnut oil, avocado oil, macadamia oil, endangered tortoise oil, etc). It took me FOREVER to find it. And yeah, the 14 oz jar will probably last me a year.

Comment

To me, it absorbs rather quickly. My 8 yr old has eczema flare ups, where he gets red, itchy bumps on his arms, legs, and belly. Rubbing coconut oil on the affected areas usually clears them up within a day or so -- it's quite amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by betty74 View Post
                              Beefcake-

It isn't just for women. Adds a nice twist for a women pleasuring a man too. Know what I mean!

*Totally blushing because I can't believe I just typed that*
                              *long deep inhale* Oh yeah......

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by DianeThePurple View Post
                                Look in the aisle that has the specialty cooking oils (near the walnut oil, avocado oil, macadamia oil, endangered tortoise oil, etc). It took me FOREVER to find it. And yeah, the 14 oz jar will probably last me a year.
                                Endangered tortoise oil, now that's carnivore. ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X