Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of any off the grid primal communities?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone know of any off the grid primal communities?

    Recently I've been envisioning pulling together some like minded people and building an environmentally friendly and sustainable off the grid primal community consisting of mid size homes surrounded by organic gardens and fruit trees with pastured animals located in a temperate climate. Would want enough power generated to enjoy some modern conveniences (internet connections etc). If you ever hear of such a community being built or in existence please let me know.Thanks! -

    johnsaville21@gmail.com

    PS-Ha Ha...Not planning on a cult or dropping out of society! More like an example of how people can live with sustainability and mindfulness.
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-12-2014, 04:33 PM.
    Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

    https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

  • #2
    A lot of people in my area live off the grid, but so far I don't know anyone that is primal.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by canuck416 View Post

      PS-Ha Ha...Not planning on a cult or dropping out of society! More like an example of how people can live with sustainability and mindfulness.

      ROFL I was gonna say...

      Comment


      • #4
        It's definitely a dream of mine to create such a place. I believe Northern California, Oregon, Washington or British Columbia would be the best place to start such a venture.

        Comment


        • #5
          Must be nice to be rich enough to live like you're poor but with all the amenities.
          Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

          Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

          Comment


          • #6
            So you mean take this forum and make it "LIVE" everyday all day? Oh dear God no! At least this is an app I can click out of if needed! If some of these folks were my neighbors I'd likely want to build a REALLY high fence! LOL! 😜 Kidding...sort of...but not really...

            Maybe I'd live nearby and come to visit during harvest and pig/cow slaughtering time??


            Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

            Comment


            • #7
              I know that somewhere in England they had been building sustainable housing communities. It's a pretty big thing there.

              DEVA - Dorset EcoVillage

              GEN Global Ecovillage Network Europe: Home

              These are a few examples but I'm sure you can find more. However totally off the grid I'm not sure if you would be able to find that online. I'd imagine those people not advocating it on the world wide web...

              You should also check the BBC website, I know that they had a programm a while back on people building their own eco-friendly houses.
              My story, My thought....

              It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                Must be nice to be rich enough to live like you're poor but with all the amenities.
                Very good point Warmbear. I would like to set an example that could be replicated with low income housing in a city. I can envision a group of small energy efficient housing units connected to an array of solar units with community gardens. Not totally off the grid but a huge step up in energy efficiency and a better connection to the food. Places like Detroit or New Orleans would be good places to experiment with this type of approach.
                Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                  I know that somewhere in England they had been building sustainable housing communities. It's a pretty big thing there.

                  DEVA - Dorset EcoVillage

                  GEN Global Ecovillage Network Europe: Home

                  These are a few examples but I'm sure you can find more. However totally off the grid I'm not sure if you would be able to find that online. I'd imagine those people not advocating it on the world wide web...

                  You should also check the BBC website, I know that they had a programm a while back on people building their own eco-friendly houses.
                  Interesting info...Thanks!
                  Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                  https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I imagine that you would have a problem reconciling raising kids to murder animals with keeping a society not based on property ownership together.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                      So you mean take this forum and make it "LIVE" everyday all day? Oh dear God no! At least this is an app I can click out of if needed! If some of these folks were my neighbors I'd likely want to build a REALLY high fence! LOL! �� Kidding...sort of...but not really...

                      Maybe I'd live nearby and come to visit during harvest and pig/cow slaughtering time??


                      Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                      Ha Ha...Yes it might be a bit too much of a commitment for some. But I'm also envisioning it as a learning center where people could come and stay for a few days and learn about organic farming, alternative energy and building sustainable homes etc.
                      Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                      https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        L:OL see for example, what sorta adults will be produced from the kids whose first impressions of togetherness is when their dads friends came over for that big butchering holiday?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Canuck416, try a search of earthship communities.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                          B*tch-lite

                          Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Canuck416, try a search of earthship communities.
                            Thanks Joanie, I lived in New Mexico for 12 years and did visit a couple of the Earthship homes during that time. I'm heading back for a visit in October and plan on revisiting the community.
                            Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                            https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sakitumi Puppet View Post
                              L:OL see for example, what sorta adults will be produced from the kids whose first impressions of togetherness is when their dads friends came over for that big butchering holiday?
                              Believe it or not many traditional cultures do celebrate butchering day and the kids grow up to be well adjusted adults who know where their food comes from. Not every culture is raised on Disney.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X