Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of any off the grid primal communities?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
    Thanks for the insight and suggestion. I also think that some of those farmers focused too heavily on large mono crops and some needed to rely on government farm subsidies to keep them viable as they were susceptible to global market fluctuations. What I envision are smaller more mixed farms supplying farm to table food for locals rather than the factory farming concept currently the norm in the American farming community. This is already currently happening successfully here in Sonoma County and many other places, not only here in the States but around the world. We can learn from these examples and by sharing best practices can help make this a viable option.
    Ummm......I would guess they were not getting govt subsidies for the crop in question,

Comment

Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
      Thanks for the insight and suggestion. I also think that some of those farmers focused too heavily on large mono crops and some needed to rely on government farm subsidies to keep them viable as they were susceptible to global market fluctuations. What I envision are smaller more mixed farms supplying farm to table food for locals rather than the factory farming concept currently the norm in the American farming community. This is already currently happening successfully here in Sonoma County and many other places, not only here in the States but around the world. We can learn from these examples and by sharing best practices can help make this a viable option.
      Yeah, no subsidies for cannabis. A lot of these places I'm referring to have mixed farms/animals, off the grid solar, grey water systems, hydro, that sort of thing. Just north of you, probably a lot more rustic than Sonoma.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
        Yeah, no subsidies for cannabis. A lot of these places I'm referring to have mixed farms/animals, off the grid solar, grey water systems, hydro, that sort of thing. Just north of you, probably a lot more rustic than Sonoma.
        Of course! Mendocino, should of realized what crop you were referring to.
        Last edited by canuck416; 08-14-2014, 11:05 PM.
        Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Molokai is amazing and pretty primitive in a lot of ways. I've been three times and we were planning to go back this January before the new house stuff started. You can in fact gather pineapple, coconut and bananas from around the island and the local fisherman do sell right off the boat when they come in. I like to tell people there is no beach sharing on Molokai. If you walk down to a beach and someone is there you go to the next cove so you have you're own space.

Comment

Working...
          X