Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got offered a Fire Fighter position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I got offered a Fire Fighter position

    You guys!

    I took my physical agility test this week and was offered the position yesterday. I accepted! OHMYGOD!

    So, a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you that gave me advice and helped me along the way with my lifting. I won't start for a little while, which is actually good since we're closing on a house soon and it needs a little TLC before we move in.

    The road ahead of me is still going to be a long one. There are many challenges I still need to get through over the next 6-7 months, but I will put 100% into it.

    This is huge. It still hasn't really sunk in.

  • #2
    Congratulations!!!!
    Depression Lies

    Comment


    • #3
      Congrats. I am a cop so I know the feeling. Good luck.
      All time high weight 262 lbs
      Primal since Spring 2012
      Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
      Current Weight: 220lbs ish
      Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
      All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

      I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

      I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

      Comment


      • #4
        Crohn's, doing SCD

        Comment


        • #5
          OH MY GOD!!! AWESOME!! I'm so proud of you! It's so wonderful to see hard work pay off. CONGRATULATIONS, BEAST!! 👏👏👏👍👍👍💪💪💪💪💪👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍👊👊👊👊


          Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SpitFire View Post
            You guys!

            I took my physical agility test this week and was offered the position yesterday. I accepted! OHMYGOD!

            So, a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you that gave me advice and helped me along the way with my lifting. I won't start for a little while, which is actually good since we're closing on a house soon and it needs a little TLC before we move in.

            The road ahead of me is still going to be a long one. There are many challenges I still need to get through over the next 6-7 months, but I will put 100% into it.

            This is huge. It still hasn't really sunk in.
            You're welcome. And you're right, we clearly deserve most of the credit.
            The Champagne of Beards

            Comment


            • #7
              Congrats! You must be really strong!
              Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

              Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
              Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
              Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
              F/23/5'9"

              26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                Congratulations!!!!
                Thank you!!

                Originally posted by Grokdaddy View Post
                Congrats. I am a cop so I know the feeling. Good luck.
                Thanks!!

                Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                LOL!

                Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                OH MY GOD!!! AWESOME!! I'm so proud of you! It's so wonderful to see hard work pay off. CONGRATULATIONS, BEAST!! �������������������������������������������� ��

                Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                Thank you, thank you!!!!!

                Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                You're welcome. And you're right, we clearly deserve most of the credit.
                Lol, y'all kinda do, to an extent. I couldn't have put together a workout regimen without some guidance

                Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                Congrats! You must be really strong!
                Thank you! Heh, there comes a point when it's all mental strength rather than physical strength. A strong mind can carry a weak body.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was waiting for a post like this. Congratulations and good luck!
                  In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

                  This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Congratulations!
                    Not all changes lead to progress. But progress is impossible without changes.

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Congrats! I knew you would do it

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Legbiter View Post
                          Haha, I love this!

                          Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                          Congrats! I knew you would do it
                          Thanks!! You and RM helped immensely!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Good on ya SpitFire!
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                            Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              SpitFire, you rock! Congratulations!
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                              B*tch-lite

                              Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X